Crunch Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.2

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on i ndeed.com via email. I responded and we quickly set up a time for an interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked if I would be interested in a personal training position and a list of the requirements and duties were.

Interview Questions

• Working for commission only.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

I applied online by uploading my name and resume to their website. A few weeks later I was contacted via email to see if I was still interested in working there. I went in for an interview and was greeted by several trainers on duty just waiting at the desk for something to do. They told me to have a seat at one of the tables near the entrance and wait for the supervisor who had emailed me. He sat down, we had a discussion about my experience and what would be expected of me. At the end of the interview, he told me to email him with whether or not I'd like to continue the employment process. It was straightforward and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working commission-only?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Very easy, quick and to the point. Two people interviewed me and they were both very friendly. They had a set of expectations they went over and explained thoroughly

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Oakland Park, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

They asked about my previous work experience and gave me a weak scenario of how I would sell to a customer since I do have sales experience and work with a different company. One of the managers made you walk a lap around the gym, I was the only one who was told to walk a lap. Previous interviewees did not. The company does not match up with their policy of "No Judgement" based off race, shape, or size. The environment was rarely diverse if anything. I didn't feel welcomed, they put on a facade of how the company is portrayed. I didn't not enjoy the experience at all. I felt judged the minute I walked into the company & they didn't even ask questions to try and figure out my personality. Lacking in diverse culture.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Very informal. If you get called for an interview, all you have to do is show up on time and you pretty much have the job. They prefer a history in sales

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

I went to a job fair and it was very nice and helpful. they talk to you about everything and answer any question you have. you must be CPR certified, they split yo into groups after and you fill out paperwork. once you get your background check completed and everything is ok they call you right away and you do your i9 then you can get started. it is a pretty fast process and they are helpful through it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First time applying for fitness trainer for any company. Phone interview with recruiter first to talk about background and reason for wanting to make career change, very positive experience. She wish me luck for in person interview and practical. In person was the worst i ever had. Interviewer was not personable, when i made small talk as he was walking me to his desk for the interview he ignored me. He interviewed me right next to a sale consultant desk about 3 feet away not comfortable at all. During the interview he was not paying attention to me. he responded to 2 text which was defiantly distracting and unprofessional. He ask about what my focus was i responded weight loss/ exercise therapy and he quickly said this gym is not about that it about the body builder, actor and models. what really irritated me is that at the end he said well i'm full staff trainers but ill keep you in mind. so i didn't do a practical as said by the recruiter what a waste of time. I know he judge me as soon as he meet me since i wasn't like the rest of his trainers i'm 6'0 160 slim build. fortunately i had a more positive experience interviewing with equinox later that week.

Interview Questions

Interview

Literally took 10 minutes. Was very laid back and informal. Asked about my availability and my ability to count the drawers cause that was an issue in the past.

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I came in to present a ten min yoga class- they hired me on the spot
    Came with headshot, resume, and certifications
    It was quiet simple, I don't know how much else to expand on it. They also needed many instructors at the time, so that must have influenced the ease of the process

Interview Questions

• no specific questions were asked, they wanted to experience my class   1 Answer

Crunch Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was short and to the point. The manager that interviewed me was friendly and very transparent about what they had to offer, which was nice. They got back to me shortly after the interview and overall it was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Crunch?   1 Answer