Crunch Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.3

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why??? Very odd!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First time applying for fitness trainer for any company. Phone interview with recruiter first to talk about background and reason for wanting to make career change, very positive experience. She wish me luck for in person interview and practical. In person was the worst i ever had. Interviewer was not personable, when i made small talk as he was walking me to his desk for the interview he ignored me. He interviewed me right next to a sale consultant desk about 3 feet away not comfortable at all. During the interview he was not paying attention to me. he responded to 2 text which was defiantly distracting and unprofessional. He ask about what my focus was i responded weight loss/ exercise therapy and he quickly said this gym is not about that it about the body builder, actor and models. what really irritated me is that at the end he said well i'm full staff trainers but ill keep you in mind. so i didn't do a practical as said by the recruiter what a waste of time. I know he judge me as soon as he meet me since i wasn't like the rest of his trainers i'm 6'0 160 slim build. fortunately i had a more positive experience interviewing with equinox later that week.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Marcos, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews in the hiring process. The first interview you meet with the fitness manager and go over your resume. After that interview you will be asked to come back for a second interview, or practical. During that practical you will be asked to simulate a personal training session. The manager will be supervising your practical step by step. A trainer will give you a scenario and you will be asked to make a work out routine on the fly based on the scenario. You will assess the trainer with the overhead squat test. After the practical you will contacted a few days later if you have received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you feel you work best with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule. It is pretty flexible and you are able to decided your own schedule based on your clients.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Questions

• Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Crunch in Dallas. Started with phone screening interview, standard questions. then invited to 2nd interview in person, was very casual, great environment. Was asked to come in fitness attire, so make sure you have nice exercise clothes to come in with. It wasn't anything special, just standard questions again, will list below. after about 10 minute talk, we went onto the practical portion interview. He gave me two scenarios: mid 20's guy, used to be an athlete in college, was good shape, but he injured his leg, so after a few years now, he wants to lose bit of a weight and get in good shape again. Second scenario, middle aged woman, never worked out before, wants to lose weight, suffers from occasional back pain. made workouts for each, i advise not to go to easy on the workout, dont make it complicated but brief and to the point. they said theyll call me, will wait on that answer, all in all, if ur prepared, its a simple interview. Dont remember all the questions, good luck though.

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deltona, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Deltona, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I answered questions relating to my field via email. Skype interview. Flew to location. Live interview and audition. I performed the class formats I specialized in. They gave me a Job offer after explaining the formats they provide and pride themselves on. Training pay is included. Online training is amazing and extremely informative.

Interview Questions

• Cpr certified? What group fitness certifications do you hold? Are you willing to learn different formats?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Whole process took two days, technically over a weekend period though from Friday to Monday. Initially I went to a job fair held at one of Crunch's flagship locations in Manhattan. We were shown a presentation of how being a PT works at Crunch, followed by a group interview for anyone already certified as a PT, and then followed by 1 on 1 interviews with the regional chain manager. I was almost offered a job on the spot, but was instead given a second interview with the manager for a specific chain that needed trainers and was much closer to my home. For this interview, the manager and I walked around the gym, being introduced to the facility and other trainers. We then sat down in his office for the formal interview, which consisted of around 5 or 6 questions. No practical test was done like taking a quiz or performing a posture assessment. I was then offered a job at the conclusion of the interview and over the next few days filled out various paperwork before getting started.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three single-word adjectives that describe you personally.   Answer Question
    • If you were at a party with nobody you knew, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in a year from now? What about three years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness in September 2015.

Interview

Group Setting with eliminations. Was done in multiple phases and interviews until the employer made their decision weeks down the road. Second phase was bottle neck competition of how we would handle scenarios and clients,

Interview Questions

• Life decisions, business decisions, backround   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (West Hollywood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 20 minutes and consisted of the head personal training manager asking me questions like my experience training, and my future aspirations in the fitness industry. He proceeded to inform me on how the process of gaining clients works at Crunch. I learned that Crunch fitness is driven by sales and based on how you gain more clients and interest them in buying supplements.