Crunch Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crunch Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received an email invite for a hiring fair and attended five days later. Several candidates in attendance, sat thru a presentation / filled out paper work including a background check form, took a quiz and presented copies of certs , cpr etc. I was then interviewed by a fitness mgr there then offered a job on the spot. I decided to think about it and ultimately rejected the job due to very low pay, ($9 per hr to work floor hrs then only $29 for training per hour) IF you build a business. Hey Crunch, minimum wage in NYC $11/ hr. $29 per hour for training is low for mid-manhattan trainers with several certs and a few yrs. experience. In addition you have to sign a no-compete clause....cant train other than crunch clients at Crunch...up to 25 mi away even two yrs after you leave crunch! not worth it to me.

Interview Questions

I declined due to lower pay than the industry standard and had to agree to a non-compete agreement.

Other Interview Reviews for Crunch Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with the Fitness Director for the location I was interested in working at. The Fitness Director was professional and friendly. They had reviewed my resume asked me a few questions and had a general conversation with me. They wanted to know why I was interested in working there and described the general atmosphere of the facility and current staff. Basically it was a would this be a good fit interview that was a positive experience for both of us. I already had general knowledge about Crunch having been a member of a different location which I believe helped move along the conversation because I already knew what I liked about the gym and was able to articulate that.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell yourself as a trainer and acquire clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Whole process took two days, technically over a weekend period though from Friday to Monday. Initially I went to a job fair held at one of Crunch's flagship locations in Manhattan. We were shown a presentation of how being a PT works at Crunch, followed by a group interview for anyone already certified as a PT, and then followed by 1 on 1 interviews with the regional chain manager. I was almost offered a job on the spot, but was instead given a second interview with the manager for a specific chain that needed trainers and was much closer to my home. For this interview, the manager and I walked around the gym, being introduced to the facility and other trainers. We then sat down in his office for the formal interview, which consisted of around 5 or 6 questions. No practical test was done like taking a quiz or performing a posture assessment. I was then offered a job at the conclusion of the interview and over the next few days filled out various paperwork before getting started.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three single-word adjectives that describe you personally.   Answer Question
    • If you were at a party with nobody you knew, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in a year from now? What about three years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Marcos, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews in the hiring process. The first interview you meet with the fitness manager and go over your resume. After that interview you will be asked to come back for a second interview, or practical. During that practical you will be asked to simulate a personal training session. The manager will be supervising your practical step by step. A trainer will give you a scenario and you will be asked to make a work out routine on the fly based on the scenario. You will assess the trainer with the overhead squat test. After the practical you will contacted a few days later if you have received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you feel you work best with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule. It is pretty flexible and you are able to decided your own schedule based on your clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Chelsea, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

3 interviews - a standard "what are your weaknesses" interview with a club manager, a practical interview where they give you a scenario (mine was a 40 year old woman who sits 8 hrs a day, doesn't work out, and wants to burn fat) and tell you to make something up on the fly, and then a final interview with a district manager where she asked about sales skills and how comfortable you are with commission-based pay.

Lastly, there's a little quiz you have to fill out regarding nutrition and exercise. Easy if you've taken courses or know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Whyy do you want to be a personal trainer?   1 Answer

Couldn't afford to live in NY without guaranteed pay for the first couple months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

i had been emailed by a recruiter who then directed me to a hiring manager. i emailed with him a couple times to set up an interview . he told me to dress business casual and to bring any papers and certs that they would need to see and will be doing an interview followed by a training session to see me as a trainer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (West Hollywood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 20 minutes and consisted of the head personal training manager asking me questions like my experience training, and my future aspirations in the fitness industry. He proceeded to inform me on how the process of gaining clients works at Crunch. I learned that Crunch fitness is driven by sales and based on how you gain more clients and interest them in buying supplements.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Usually you will have two interviews, the first one is pretty much basic questions like Why did you choose crunch and how you would help the company grow ..etc and the second one is a practical on-hand

Interview Questions

• How are you going to help the company as a member of the staff ?
      Why did you choose Crunch fitness ?
      Why did you choose to be a personal trainer?
      Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was offered a position. Afterwards, I came by the fitness center when I was in town and spoke more extensively about the position with the staff in person. Both interviews were great experiences. I definitely learned a lot more about the pay structure and benefits in person than I did on the phone and that was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what makes a good trainer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase because I compared the pay to other positions and felt that it was my best offer.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They had to go find the personal trainer manager so I had to wait. When I did go for the first interview it felt pretty rushed and I thought I didn't get it because of how rushed it felt.
    After being interviewed by the fitness manager I then had to schedule another interview but this time with the district manager. That time I was actually scared because he was very quiet and straightforward while I'm bubbly and talkative. All and all, I was just stressing because I got the job anyway.

Interview Questions

• Since my friend helped me get the job, he asked me who would be a better personal trainer, you or your friend.   1 Answer