Crytek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Low-Level C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 Days after submitting my application (Online) I got an invitation for an phone-interview. The interview was between me and 2 engineers, one being a C# expert and the leading developer for the project relevant to my application, the other being a C++ expert from the core engine team. The interview took slightly above one hour and a pleasant experience. I got asked a lot of very specific questions about C#, C++ and differences between the two languages. Deep knowledge of the matter was required and all questions where relevant for the position.

A week after the interview I got a positive feedback and was given an invitation for a test (Homework). I was told the test would have a deadline of 1 week preferably (But could be extended if required). I was asked to choose a date when I want to receive the task.

The test did arrive in my inbox at 23 o'clock and was deadlined after 4 days. The programming test was directly relevant to my application and was quite fun to work on. It took me the full 4 days to complete the task, most time was taken up by trying out different approaches and choosing the best one and also writing a documentation containing my motivations for each technical decision.
    It was possible to ask questions about the test during the test, but some parts of the test where kept intentionally vague.

Two days after I got an invitation to an onsite interview which was scheduled to take about 4 hours. The interview took place in a meeting room where I would discuss numerous technical topics with may employees that would be my future colleges. It was noticeable that a majority of the questions where about C++ as opposed to C#, which made sense to me, given that most people interviewing me where from the core engine team and C++ experts (I would have worked inside the core engine team too).
    The was also lunch together with 2 employees (which where not part of the interviewers in the meeting room). The people in the meeting room changed multiple times, so at the end of the day, I got to know a lot of my future colleges which was an absolutely great and reassuring experience. I also got a tour around the office, which was equally nice.

The whole process took ~7 weeks and was a great experience. I really loved how Crytek structured the application process, albeit it being hard to accept being rejected after getting to know so many friendly colleges during the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Memory Management (How garbage collectors work, differences between C++ and C#)
      Inheritance (C#/C++ differences, especially detailed C++ questions about casting and VTables)
      Concurrency (C++ and C# strategies and common errors and how to prevent them)
      And a lot more about keywords in both languages and their meaning and many very detailed C++ questions.   Answer Question

FX Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crytek.

Interview

The company is simply awesome. I had applied and got an email from a recuiter,Crytek, Frankfurt stating they were interested and asked me if i could give a test. However i wasn't familiar with the software and they gave me ample amount of time to learn it and give the test. Although i couldn't make it but still it was a great experience for me. I'm glad and honoured they considered me. The recruiter is one of the best persons I've come across. They try their best to help and have no complaints doing it.Very supportive team indeed.

Spieleentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

Ich hatte ein erstes Bewerbungsgespräch am Telefon, einen Kodierungstest und ein Bewerbungsgespräch vor Ort. Die ersten beiden waren recht einfach, aber das persönliche Bewerbungsgespräch war lang und hart.

Interview Questions

• Man stellte mir eine Menge technischer Fragen (typische C++-Bewerbungsfragen), mit einigen tat ich mich schwer.   Answer Question

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)).

Interview

Es begann mit einem 45-minütigen technischen Telefongespräch mit einigen ihrer Programmierer, die Fragen waren sehr spezifisch und konzentrierten sich auf den Bereich meiner Spezialisierung, aber nichts Überraschendes an dieser Stelle.

Danach wurde mir ein Programmiertest geschickt, und man gab mir eine Woche, ihn abzuschließen. Der Test war wirklich eine Herausforderung und kostete mich mehr als 10 Stunden wirklicher, harter Arbeit.

Danach flogen sie mich nach Frankfurt zu einem Gespräch vor Ort. Der Vorstellungsprozess dauerte fast 6 Stunden, er war sehr intensiv und beinhaltete mehrere in die Tiefe gehende Gespräche mit verschiedenen Leuten sowie einen Debugging-Test.

Interview Questions

• Der Programmiertest war auf jeden anders als alle anderen Tests, die mir bis dahin begegnet waren, da er viel Zeit und Können erforderte.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crytek.

Interview

I have contacted them about a position advertised on their site, made a skype interview after that.
    After the interview, I completed and sent a small programming task, haven't received an answer after for a long time, they don't answer your questions back either.

After like a month, We made another interview which was a lot of awkward HR question ("Did you have any problems in previous places", "What kind of person you would find to difficult to work with?"). And the position I applied (I was not notified) was filled and this interview was for another position, which added more awkwardness.

No answer after this second interview, I guess it is a negative.

Interview Questions

• A small C++ test but the questions/requirements are very vague so I always doubted myself if I am doing things correctly   Answer Question

Crytek Response

May 8, 2017 – L&D Coordinator

We are very sorry to hear that the interview experience you made did not match your expectations. This is of course not the way we want our interview process to be and we will take care, that your... More

Game Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

- Phone interview with coders (candidate expectations, few technical questions, quick questions about experience...)
    - C++ test (one day)
    - On-site interview (travelling expenses covered by the company) of one day with lunch included (technical test including : board programming questions and debugging test) and meet with different teams

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

Nach kurzer Wartezeit wird man in einen Konferenzraum geführt, in dem das Bewerbungsgespräch stattfindet.
    Die Mitarbeiter erzählen viel über die aktuellen Projekte und ihr jobs.
    Sehr lockere Atmospähre.
    Englisch muss man schon gut können.
    Nach dem Gespräch gab es noch eine Führung durchs Gebäude...sehr interessant !

Interview Questions

• Was tun sie bei ihrem aktuellen Arbeitgeber ?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Friendly, unclear ,over 1 hour of talking without understanding the business expectations, no clear information as to the job's requirements or details of previous employees. The people I was to manage were not part of the decision. No peers were introduced during the process to get an idea of the company environment

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a matrix organization   1 Answer

Junior Character Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Antwerp (Belgium)) in December 2015.

Interview

A Recruiter from Crytek Frankfurt reached out to me after seeing my work online which I must say is refreshing to see such commitment. After mailing back and forth a bit with the Recruiter, he went to see if there was a Project-lead at Crytek Frankfurt that could make use of my skills. Not long after he found a team I could fit in and a phone conversation got arranged with the Project-lead. Called for a little more than an hour, very relaxing and interesting, about who we both were, what my background is and basically just had a conversation about 3D and the industry. Shortly after I received my art-test for which I got more than enough time since I was doing an other art-test at the same time for which was shown complete understanding from their side. Send them my test on time and got an answer whether or not I got the position just a few days after.

Overal a very fast, open, friendly and helpful experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions and relaxed conversation about 3D. One subject during the interview was the 'Uncanny Valley'.   Answer Question

Senior UI Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek in March 2016.

Interview

After the online application, I have been contacted by a recruiter for an phone interview scheduling.
    The phone call was with three team members.
    The interview was very friendly and related to my cv and experiences.
    Some technical question have been asked, in order to check what reported in the cv.

Interview Questions

• What's the meaning of "const" keyword in C++?
      What's the meaning of "virtual" keyword in C++?   Answer Question