Crytek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crytek Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic and advanced knowledge of Software Engineering is required.
    From the different of Stack and Heap memory, to advanced quiz such as swapping very long string with lack of processing memory. If you offer to interview for this position, you should review all over your school notes.

Game Programmer Interview

Interview

C++, Algorithms, Software Engineering related questions

Interview Questions

• Good understanding of multiple areas of software engineering and game development   Answer Question

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

Took a couple of weeks to get started once i sent my application.

Had a first skype interview set up, but since this was for a regular position I didn't proceed. Fortunately another position (senior) opened up and we arranged another skype interview. This process was fairly fast but once i was told i could come over things begun to take time. Responses took 1-2 weeks and it was mostly delaying of flying me over for unknown reasons. Three months in i got told that they proceeded with another candidate.

Game Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crytek.

Interview

Interview Process is good, but methodology is worst, Test Usual in companies aren't with Copyrights, For example Design & Development Tests in Most Companies aren't with Copyrights, were as in Crytek's Interview Process Design test are with Copyrights, Ubisoft never steps-in with copyright system cause Design & development test are a candidates Research and response on one Query, why would A design give a gameplay system for free just in the form of test, So this needs to be looked up as this clearly shows that, there isn't any creative talent left, So Before Going through applications, please make sure to read reviews only by, Former Employees, Secondly, when is Comes to VR best suggested Studios would be Ireland

Company isn't Creative and doesn't have Talented team for Development, AT the Interview Process, this clearly shows that, Company isn't perfectly Focused where it leaders are planning to go for next step, it's more like Safe house for lazy People to get free salary, Don't Take me Wrong cause Right People with Right Experience an actually judge how an interviewer and Recruitment Processes are going through so in simple Words, Company has no clear route where it's planning to go ahead, cause tests aren't about owning copyright on candidates response this is also a clear sign of indication, that there isn't any creative talent left.

Crytek Response

May 4, 2016 – Global HR Director

Thank you for your input, since we are always interested in getting feedback and making improvements where necessary. Crytek is a very creative company and is a leader in game innovation. Crytek just ... More

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2014.

Interview

The woman was very friendly and asked a lot of question.
    after that they showed me the design team and other stuff.
    it was ok.
    It was a normal interview. After that more People joined and they could ask Questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Crytek Response

Jul 4, 2016 – L&D Coordinator

We are glad about the positive experiences during your interview at Crytek. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other potential applicants!

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crytek (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Was cool, very excited. I knew these before from an older company. So we already had trust in each other and what I could offer to the company. It was very relaxed and confident on both sides.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, took 2-3 weeks for reply. and they set up an interview by Skype.
    and it took more a month due to holidays. and finally they asked me a on-site interview, and the interview went well.
     The Interview was a general one, easy, comfortable. I explained my background, and I told them what I want to learn from the company.
     Online interview was overall easy, comfortable. and the Onsite interview was super fun.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me your background?   1 Answer
    • How you approach shots when you take the shots?   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crytek in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, bunch of people on the phone, went fine. No problems. Not sure why I'm filling this out

Salary

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2012.

Interview

Als erstes gibt es ein technisches Interview per Telefon. Die meisten Fragen sind ziemlich Standard (C/C++), es gibt auch ein paar Mathe-Fragen (Skalar- und Kreuzprodukt). Danach gab es eine Programmieraufgabe, für die ich eine Woche hatte. Dann wurde ich zu einem Interview vor Ort gebeten, das aus einem Gespräch zu zweit und Fragen vor einer Kommission bestand.

Interview Questions

• Es gab keine unerwarteten Fragen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ein Angebot wurde präsentiert, eine kleine Verhandlung (~5 %) war möglich.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in December 2014.

Interview

The was not much an interview process, but working on test task. The checked out my background and asked to make a redesign of 2 pages(Cannot talk about what pages i had to redesign cause of NDA). I was pretty satisfied with communication experience and HR manages was super cool and friendly but something strange happened. I send test task i received strange answer. I know that there's so much candidates for this position and letters for candidates who did not passed may be pretty abstract, but they weren't. I received answer with some critics. And i can understand why they have to do it, but make sure that you sending letters to the right person. I was reading about mistakes, design solutions and techniques i didn't even made or used. That was dumb to read something so unrelated to test task i did. And when i asked HR how this even related to my project, she didn't answered. Fail.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications and projects   1 Answer