Crytek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crytek Interview Questions

Interviews at Crytek

2.9

Junior Applications/UI Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek.

Interview

I applied online and got an answer about 2 weeks after asking to schedule a programming test. The test was fairly appropriate for the position, and I completed it inside the time required. The recruiter said he would get back to me as soon as the team had feedback, so I just waited and didn't ask for more info.
    Received feedback one month after saying that although my test result was good they found someone more suited for the position. When I applied I knew this would be really competitive so I gee I wasn't surprised.

The recruiter was very nice, and I think the amount it took to get feedback wasn't that long.
    Would apply again if a suitable position appeared.

Low-Level C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 Days after submitting my application (Online) I got an invitation for an phone-interview. The interview was between me and 2 engineers, one being a C# expert and the leading developer for the project relevant to my application, the other being a C++ expert from the core engine team. The interview took slightly above one hour and a pleasant experience. I got asked a lot of very specific questions about C#, C++ and differences between the two languages. Deep knowledge of the matter was required and all questions where relevant for the position.

A week after the interview I got a positive feedback and was given an invitation for a test (Homework). I was told the test would have a deadline of 1 week preferably (But could be extended if required). I was asked to choose a date when I want to receive the task.

The test did arrive in my inbox at 23 o'clock and was deadlined after 4 days. The programming test was directly relevant to my application and was quite fun to work on. It took me the full 4 days to complete the task, most time was taken up by trying out different approaches and choosing the best one and also writing a documentation containing my motivations for each technical decision.
    It was possible to ask questions about the test during the test, but some parts of the test where kept intentionally vague.

Two days after I got an invitation to an onsite interview which was scheduled to take about 4 hours. The interview took place in a meeting room where I would discuss numerous technical topics with may employees that would be my future colleges. It was noticeable that a majority of the questions where about C++ as opposed to C#, which made sense to me, given that most people interviewing me where from the core engine team and C++ experts (I would have worked inside the core engine team too).
    The was also lunch together with 2 employees (which where not part of the interviewers in the meeting room). The people in the meeting room changed multiple times, so at the end of the day, I got to know a lot of my future colleges which was an absolutely great and reassuring experience. I also got a tour around the office, which was equally nice.

The whole process took ~7 weeks and was a great experience. I really loved how Crytek structured the application process, albeit it being hard to accept being rejected after getting to know so many friendly colleges during the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Memory Management (How garbage collectors work, differences between C++ and C#)
      Inheritance (C#/C++ differences, especially detailed C++ questions about casting and VTables)
      Concurrency (C++ and C# strategies and common errors and how to prevent them)
      And a lot more about keywords in both languages and their meaning and many very detailed C++ questions.   Answer Question

Junior Weapon Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek in July 2018.

Interview

Arranged a skype interview where a senior weapon artist and an art lead manage the interview.
    A lot of technical questions regarding workflow, PBR, Design.
    But also questions about former experiences and how you work in a team.
    Overall great interview and got to make an art test after.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was a skype call where I got asked question about me and various technical question regarding C C++ and a bit of assembly. The two guys I've talked to were very easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• How is class hierarchy maintained when the assembly code is created?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

Three stage recruitment process. Applied online and got an email for an online interview after a day or two. Online interview was held after a couple of days from the email. If you pass the online interview which is phase 1, you'll move onto stage 2 which is the programming test. Not too difficult. If you did well enough, they'll invite you over for an onsite interview which is phase 3 of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• C++ questions in depth and a little bit of Linear Algebra.   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was quick. I had a nice talk about the company and how it approaches people that work in it. The people who hired me were very friendly. I also had a whole day interview at the office and met the team that I would be working with.

Game Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crytek.

Interview

Beim Telefoninterview waren mehrere Personen anwesend die relevant für die Position waren.. Es gab Fragen über das Portfolio, Arbeitsweise und Vorlieben/Wissen über relevante Titel und Genres des Studios.

Alles in allem, war der Prozess sehr organisiert und die Kommunikation von HR war stets verlässlich

Interview Questions

• Wie würdest du anders vorgehen wenn du bei Crytek arbeiten würdest   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

Nach kurzer Wartezeit wird man in einen Konferenzraum geführt, in dem das Bewerbungsgespräch stattfindet.
    Die Mitarbeiter erzählen viel über die aktuellen Projekte und ihr jobs.
    Sehr lockere Atmospähre.
    Englisch muss man schon gut können.
    Nach dem Gespräch gab es noch eine Führung durchs Gebäude...sehr interessant !

Interview Questions

• Was tun sie bei ihrem aktuellen Arbeitgeber ?   1 Answer

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt (Oder) (Germany)).

Interview

Es begann mit einem 45-minütigen technischen Telefongespräch mit einigen ihrer Programmierer, die Fragen waren sehr spezifisch und konzentrierten sich auf den Bereich meiner Spezialisierung, aber nichts Überraschendes an dieser Stelle.

Danach wurde mir ein Programmiertest geschickt, und man gab mir eine Woche, ihn abzuschließen. Der Test war wirklich eine Herausforderung und kostete mich mehr als 10 Stunden wirklicher, harter Arbeit.

Danach flogen sie mich nach Frankfurt zu einem Gespräch vor Ort. Der Vorstellungsprozess dauerte fast 6 Stunden, er war sehr intensiv und beinhaltete mehrere in die Tiefe gehende Gespräche mit verschiedenen Leuten sowie einen Debugging-Test.

Interview Questions

• Der Programmiertest war auf jeden anders als alle anderen Tests, die mir bis dahin begegnet waren, da er viel Zeit und Können erforderte.   Answer Question

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2012.

Interview

Als erstes gibt es ein technisches Interview per Telefon. Die meisten Fragen sind ziemlich Standard (C/C++), es gibt auch ein paar Mathe-Fragen (Skalar- und Kreuzprodukt). Danach gab es eine Programmieraufgabe, für die ich eine Woche hatte. Dann wurde ich zu einem Interview vor Ort gebeten, das aus einem Gespräch zu zweit und Fragen vor einer Kommission bestand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ein Angebot wurde präsentiert, eine kleine Verhandlung (~5 %) war möglich.