Crytek Junior Technical Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Crytek

1 Interview Review

4.0

Junior Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crytek in December 2017.

Interview

The procedure started with filling in the online application form and a few month later I received an email to schedule a telephone interview.

After the interview, I was asked to complete a design test in Cryengine to test my aptitude in the engine and basic scripting.

The test was reviewed and I received an email for another telephone interview.

In the end I received a standard rejection email without any personal feedback in regards to my rest or interviews. I asked if they could elaborate on their decision so I could improve certain skills for a potentially next application, but I have not received an answer.

The overall procedure was alright, despite the holidays coming up and people being out of office, communication was decent.
After I spent a week on a test and made time for two phone interviews, the least I expected was some personal feedback after a rejection, but I only got a standard rejection that 'they decided to go with another candidate that matches the required skills more'.

Interview Questions

• How can you calculate the distance between two coordinates on a 2D grid?   Answer Question