Crytek Senior UI Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crytek Senior UI Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at Crytek

Senior UI Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

Skype interview 40 mins : Software development related questions and few question from mathematics. Interviewer were nice and did not ask any unrelated question. The position was explained well and it was made clear that the position is to design and develop User interface and graphics domain knowledge is not required.

2nd round : Have to fix a programming code. Now this was the bad part as the programming problem was graphics domain related and the test was time bound (3 days).

Why this was bad : You want to hire a fish to swim and you are judging him by his ability to climb trees.

I think they have a standard programming problem which they give to all the candidates.I developed a scalable solution(faster as cpu cores increase) with SIMD optimizations. But the interviewer was not happy with the documentation I did. I documented the classes with their methods and parameters and I did write comments wherever I thought might help the reviewer ( I worked under strict FDA regulations and I know what a well documented code looks like).

Some recommendations to Crytek:

1. Judge the person based on the open position and its requirements. Not everyone in a hospital is a Doctor.

2. People were nice and polite. Keep it like that.

3. Please give the deadlines for programming test in man hours rather than days as 3 - 4 days for a working guy translate into 6 - 8 hrs of programming time as they are still employed and no body takes the day off for such occasions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Crytek

Senior UI Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek in March 2016.

Interview

After the online application, I have been contacted by a recruiter for an phone interview scheduling.
    The phone call was with three team members.
    The interview was very friendly and related to my cv and experiences.
    Some technical question have been asked, in order to check what reported in the cv.

Interview Questions

• What's the meaning of "const" keyword in C++?
      What's the meaning of "virtual" keyword in C++?   Answer Question