Cubic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cubic Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Posting | application done online; initial interview via phone. Short introduction, and then a handful of questions to vet experience, skill fit. I was allowed to ask a few questions after, and assumed the interview would last at least 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What about these jobs (being considered for two) appealed to you so as to apply with Cubic? Another two questions about previous experience | process, and a question about why considering other opportunities.   1 Answer

Program Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted one month later by HR for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes where the hiring manager began the conversation by describing the role, the company and where they needed help. I discussed my background and how it was relevant to the role. Overall, the conversation was pleasant but the interviewer was on a speaker phone and people were coming in and out of the room which was a bit distracting.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Not terribly difficult. You're interviewed by ~4 people individually, one at a time. First two ask technical questions, third one asks personal questions, and the fourth just goes over the benefits. The ones that ask you the technical questions seem to be the ones that lead their own groups. One of the groups seems to focus more on embedded systems programming, while the other focuses on software/databases/UI programming etc.

Practice your whiteboard skills.

Interview Questions

• String questions. OOP questions. What is a singleton pattern?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to senior recruiter at college job fair. Applied online and received a phone interview about 3 weeks afterwards. The interviewer went down my resume and asked me to discuss my school work and any other projects. It lasted 30 minutes. Not sure if I'll be offered an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an improvement that can be made to one of my projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with 3 engineers about my resume and past projects in school. They asked me what struggles I had with my projects and how I overcame them as well as what I learned from those mistakes. The people were very friendly and I had an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions. What were my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cubic (Emeryville, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online then received a series of phone interviews all of which I passed.
    HR scheduled an onsite interview which was difficult. The building was a run down warehouse
    from the 1930s. Despite renovation the place still looked depressing and disorganized. The front door entrance was locked. Luckily I found a group of employees smoking outside who unlocked front door. Hiring manager struggled to find a interview office. He found a crowded uncleaned office. Interviewed by hiring manager and an African American project manager. The interim General Manager later joined.

Overall the staff appeared unprepared to conduct interviews and hire good people because what they had appeared unqualified and kept asking pointless questions. As soon as I saw run down building I should have kept driving.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't this company you worked for a long time ago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The principal programmer for the automation testbed project spent most of the phone interview describing the purpose of the project that I would be working on. As he described what was needed I was asked questions regarding my knowledge of MVC and SQL, as well as projects I've worked on and "what was the most fun project you've been a part of".

Interview Questions

• I was only asked how familiar I was with certain frameworks such as MVC, I was not asked to demonstrate actual knowledge.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cubic (Herndon, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional. First, I got an EMAIL from a recruiter not asking me for my availability to interview, but rather telling me what time I had to be there to meet with a VP with NO INSTRUCTIONS about the building (I was unable to get to the right floor without a hassle). I went to the 1st interview and it was okay. I met with 2 people who were at least courteous and professional. I was emailed to return to meet the president. I got to the interview to get dirty looks pretty much immediately. I was not pleased with the demeanor but proceeded anyway with the interview. It got worse from there. I was told "Well, I don't know what to say, really." I should have left, but I stayed and there was nothing related to me about the job itself, NO QUESTIONS....was all about him and his previous positions which really had nothing to do with me. I wasted my time. It was clear that for whatever reason, he either had the job filled or his mind made up about someone else before my arrival, OR, I was somehow discriminated against, though I am very professional. I never got the courtesy of hearing back from this company, and it's unprofessional. They pester you as long as they need you via email, then they drop off. There was never an ounce of personal communication from the recruiter. I didn't even follow-up. Why bother? I would not take a job at this company anyway due to the poor reflection this president reflects on his company. He was unsure where he'd be located in the next few months so it is illogical to even hire someone for this role.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

During my interview, I got to meet eleven different people in the department, which was really helpful in getting an idea of the culture. It consisted of five individual interviews, and lunch with six other people. They forgot to send me the interview itinerary so I went in for an 8:30am interview not knowing it was going to last until 1:30pm. The advanced notice would have been nice for such a long interview. I was contacted the week following my interview and was told that I received extremely positive feedback and that they thought I would make a great fit with the team and the company. However, they had to hold off on hiring for a few weeks and that they would be in touch shortly. More than two months have gone by and I haven't heard a thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a person in management.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cubic in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, talked to the senior software engineer about my resume, went over basic coursework and programming concepts. I thought it was pretty nice and clear as to what they were expecting and I did not fulfill those requirements