Cubic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cubic Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

I applied online using my university career website. I had the on campus interview. In which i was asked OOP questions and later was asked to do a written problem on paper. That was the only interview. Got a job offer the following day. However Only gave me one week to accept the offer.

Exercise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cubic (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Very streamlines and direct.

Interview Questions

• When can you start working.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Uneventful.

Spec Ops Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

A guy that really, really enjoyed the sound of his own voice called me and asked if I could meet him on a Saturday at a Starbucks. He showed up an hour late in shorts and flip-flops on the way back from the beach.
    I should have taken the hint.
    Guy asked me about my professional history, told me a little about the job...aaaaand then told me about a date he had planned for later. This should have told me a lot about this company; management wants to deal with you like you're a guy they borrowed a lawnmower from, but they want you to be Johnny on the Spot, ready to come in early or stay late on a moments notice.

Interview Questions

• "So its not totally like a rule but, like, I like everyone to have their shirt tucked in and you'll have to shave your beard. Are you cool with that?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight take-it-or-leave it deal. Cubic is getting the gov't contract world by the nuts and they don't feel any need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. One of them is a software department manager. He asked me basic backgrounds and projects I did in school. He also asked me if I have questions for him

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes one integer and can determine whether that integer is power of 2.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy and comfortable. The first interview was with Blair (General Manager), and a second interview a week later was with Merrie Dufrene (Senior HR Manager). They were both really down to each and honestly just themselves. I was glad they chose me for the position! The first two weeks were crucial just because I had to wait for their recruiter to get back to me on their decision going forward with the next step.

Interview Questions

• What would be a challenge for you with this new position?   1 Answer
    • What is the most rewarding thing or situation you've overcome from your previous or current position and why?   Answer Question

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview conducted as an initial screen. This was followed by an invitation to have a one on one interview. Process was relatively easy even though ultimately not successful for me.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you failed at a project and how did you recover from that failure?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email to schedule an interview after submitting my resume through their website. Had an interview on site where they asked me about my resume, my classes and my graduation date.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future? Why do you want to work here? Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was already familiar with my work history based on my resume. They were more interested in getting to know me and the type of person I was and what type of atmosphere I would be bringing to the office. I personally enjoy this type of interviewing much better than the typical interview question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• What did you like or dislike about your previous boss?   Answer Question

Combat Systems SE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marinette, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cubic (Marinette, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, very informative. Ensured me of the job position and the future at Cubic. talked about my interests and goals. Discuss my role at Cubic to help the betterment of the company.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was called and brought in for an interview the same day because they were looking for someone right away and I was available. The interview was very good, friendly and done over a couple of beers. I was asked about my background and how I dealt with senior leadership and if I had a problem saying no or having to stand my ground if the need would arise (and it did several times while I was on the job).