Cubic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A brief phone screening to ask about what your favorite language is to code in, and other projects you've worked on before. Then an on site interview with the usual behavioral questions about teamwork and time management

Combat Systems SE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marinette, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cubic (Marinette, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, very informative. Ensured me of the job position and the future at Cubic. talked about my interests and goals. Discuss my role at Cubic to help the betterment of the company.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fair and thorough, but not drawn out. The manager had a lot of recruiting experience so he knew what it takes to be successful at finding good talent.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was already familiar with my work history based on my resume. They were more interested in getting to know me and the type of person I was and what type of atmosphere I would be bringing to the office. I personally enjoy this type of interviewing much better than the typical interview question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• What did you like or dislike about your previous boss?   Answer Question

Field Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cubic (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very smooth..did not take long just several questions about your background. Sat with lead tech and manager of the Atlanta office. Trained in house on all device in the field.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

My interview was with the manager of the team. The recruiter was very responsive and friendly. Had a 1:1 with the recruiter as well. The interview was onsite at the Cubic head quarters.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly about my past projects and experience.
      Why do you like C++ and how does it differ from other programming languages
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Posting | application done online; initial interview via phone. Short introduction, and then a handful of questions to vet experience, skill fit. I was allowed to ask a few questions after, and assumed the interview would last at least 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What about these jobs (being considered for two) appealed to you so as to apply with Cubic? Another two questions about previous experience | process, and a question about why considering other opportunities.   1 Answer

Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very easy going. It helped me "loosen up" and not be nervous, as it made me feel comfortable. She explained the objectives of the position and asked me about myself. Nothing too complicated.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email to schedule an interview after submitting my resume through their website. Had an interview on site where they asked me about my resume, my classes and my graduation date.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future? Why do you want to work here? Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview split up into 3 segments. HR, supervisor and subsequently a task based assignment. Very standard format. People were nice and very personable. Had extensive tour of facilities after interview to understand product line. Overall good to average experience. However, did not get a rejection notification for a long time after interview. Had to meet the HR person at a job fair to ask about the outcome of the interview. To me, that is not the most polite way to reject an applicant.

Interview Questions

• Describe my self and how I can use my skills for the job. Also, if you need immigration sponsorship.   Answer Question