Cullen/Frost Bankers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

5 interview questions with HR manager before hiring manager interview. The HR manager provided the general company information before starts the interview. It was 1 on 1 interview for 30 min.

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews: The first is with HR Manager and an Executive Vice President who get to know you and ask general questions. Once you pass this step, the second interview is with a panel of Sales Managers.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 4 business days later I got a call asking to set up an in person interview. I was told during this phone call that the pay was a little lower than my desired salary listed on my application, but I told them I was fine with the slightly lower pay. The first interview was with an HR rep who went over my resume with me and made sure everything was correct and asked basic/easy interview questions as well as provided information about the company and job position. I was informed that if I qualified I would be contacted for a second interview. I got another call about a week later for a second interview and came in and spoke to the hiring manager this time. This interview was more in-depth and the questions related to my work ethic, personality, and such. At the end the hiring manager stated that they liked me and offered me the job. Another HR rep came and gave me instructions for the drug test and also said that they would contact me again after my drug test/background check were both done. About a week and a half later they contacted me and told me that I passed everything and that my starting date was going to be in another week and half. No salary negotiation since they stated from the very beginning what the pay was and that it would be a little lower than my desired salary, but I was fine with that.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was one week long with two one-on-one interviews. My first interview was only 30 minutes, my second interview was about an hour long. Relatively relaxed interview. Not many situational based questions, more questions about your past experiences and skills you've acquired at previous jobs. Both interviewers asked me to walk them through my resume job by job, explain what I did, what skills I gained that applied to the job I was applying for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply with Frost?
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or coworker.
      How are you with deadlines?
      Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was with Human Resources
    Second interview was with the Hiring Manager
    I applied online received a call a week later, I scheduled an interview, met with Human Resources, she then scheduled a second interview on the spot for the following week. I met with the Hiring Manager, the hiring manager offered the position a couple of hours after the interview.

User Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Detailed online application through a somewhat clunky interface, but it allows uploads and customization of cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples/links.

Process included a tour of their lovely new campus, which is modern, comfortable, has plenty of onsite free parking, and is deliberately designed to encourage employee collaboration.

First step was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Definitely a productive, 2-way discussion of their needs, their working style, the structure of the department and the day-to-day responsibilities of the job.

Second step was an interview with the hiring manager and the department head.

I was greeted by name in the lobby on each visit and made to feel welcome.

The HR contact reached out to me proactively to problem solve and ensure I was a candidate for the position.

Although I wasn't offered the position, I was notified promptly, and my follow-up questions were answered to my full satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a big UX portal project to replace a tool that has been in use by three very different types of stakeholders, for several years?   Answer Question

Consumer Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in February 2016.

Interview

HR wouldn't know the difference between a 100$ bill and a counterfeit. Revamp your staff. You're loosing amazing people to your competitors.
    The interview process was dry. I was asked about my resume and past experiences. The interview itself was very short.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Only one interview at their headquarters in San Antonio. No skills questions. Just questions about you and if you would be a good fit for the program. The interviewer was very nice and made the interview feel like conversation.

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

First, interview was with 2 employees to try and get to know you at first. The second interview is with 6 or more members of the main office. There will be a good cop bad cop routine to see if they can frustrate you. They'll ask you questions about past experiences

Commercial Insurance Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Not very knowledgeable about department procedures. Very secretive about PTO, kept pushing for me to take the job to find out more about company practices and benefits. Different expectations were set and I was asked to apply for a different position mid process since position applied was deleted.