Cultural Vistas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cultural Vistas Interview Questions

Interviews at Cultural Vistas

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

A few weeks after applying to the position they contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview they contacted me to set up an in-person interview. The interview was a group interview and it lasted for about an hour. The interview was an average difficulty level. While waiting for my final interview I found the employees to be very courteous and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your professional/academic accomplishments that you’re most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (Columbia, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews, one initial phone interview and one over Skype. Both interviews lasted over forty-five minutes. The questions were very general. I was turned off of the position by the interview. Despite asking multiple times about the role of the position in the organization, I was told that "we are looking for someone to figure things out on their own, and just ask if they are having trouble". I was also told that despite the job ad responsibilities saying one thing, the actual job responsibilities were totally different. The actual responsibilities were about 25% of what the ad said, with the other 75% being grant writing. I felt kind of misled about the position based on what was listed in the job ad, what was said in the first phone interview and what was said in the Skype interview. I didn't get a job offer, but feel I definitely dodged a bullet by getting rejected by this organization. One other thing, they took two weeks to let me know I didn't get the job. Despite having had two interviews with them, they opted for a generic e-mail rejection. Considering I spent over an hour and a half speaking to them I felt they could have at least been courteous enough to reject me in a simple phone call or voice mail.

Interview Questions

• All members of our staff write and seek grants, what is your experience writing and seeking grants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

contacted for a phone interview, a few weeks later was called in for a face to face interview with three members of the team. I was then sent an automated email a week later telling me I was not chosen for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an under performing co-worker.   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed. The company seems to be more interested in hiring motivated, intelligent people and giving them a chance to prove themselves than looking for extensive relevant experience in the international exchange field. Which means there is growth potential, but you never know why someone gets hired in the end.

Interview Questions

• I was given a trial task related to an accounting spreadsheet and a writing sample, which I had to finish during the second interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm pretty sure there are set pay levels for entry level jobs here, so there wasn't much that could be done in the way of negotiation. However, there were subsequent raises and opportunities for promotion.

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas.

Interview

First step was generic phone interview with HR. Questions were the prototypical ones like greatest strengths/weaknesses. Weirdly, I was asked right off the bat about salary requirements...

Then there was a Skype interview with a few individuals, and the job was actually explained to me by that point. Lastly I came in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a student abroad who was feeling homesick and seriously considering going home?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with the head of HR and then an in-person interview with the position supervisor and the head of HR. They had a semi-structured set of questions divided into different types of categories such as behavioral, etc. It was a fairly relaxed interview and took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome a problem working within a team in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back a week and a half later. Interviewed over the phone a couple of days after that, which lasted just over an hour. Had a Skype interview the week after that. All of the staff were very friendly, though the Skype interview was pretty stiff. They didn't change the questions based on what I was answering or dig any further in one area or another, so I feel like we didn't really go very deep into anything and there was a lot of repetition.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard questions regarding experience, interest in the position, etc., with a few scenarios thrown in.   Answer Question

Participant Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Originally applied for role of Administrative Assistant for Train-USA project, received form email approximately a week later saying "We've reviewed your credentials and determined we'd like to interview you for a higher position of Participant Advisor" scheduled phone interview through the website request sent. Phone interview was on time and smooth, was told would get an email within a week regarding next steps/rejection. Took about 2.5 weeks, but got another email inviting to an in-person interview in their Manhattan office. In-person interview was a little late to start and consisted of three people: HR rep (conducted phone interview), and 2 project leadership officers. Typical questions, not very interested in answers, but rather each of the 3 reading off of a list of questions and taking turns reading the next question, no real follow up questions. Was told to hear back the week after Thanksgiving. About a week after that original deadline was sent a form rejection email "Thank you, we enjoyed learning about you.....but we're going to pass". Overall a decent process, lengthy to have such a form email rejection sent.