Cumberland County Department of Social Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cumberland County Department of Social Services

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumberland County Department of Social Services (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I was able to speak to HR about trying to get a job here and she invited me to a Hiring Blitz they was having that weekend; which is a interview. It was invitation only and you have to apply to the position first in order to get a interview for the Blitz. After the interview it took them about 3 weeks to send me a email informing me that they chose someone else. The day of the interview everybody sat in the meeting room and someone spoke to us about the position and then we took a written exercise. The written exercise was a scenario on you receiving a call about a child on your case who was bitten by a neighbor dog and as a social worker what would you do next. After the written exercise they called us individually and a person walked with us to the floor we was interviewing on. The interview was a panel of 3 supervisors and took approximately 30 to 40 minutes. All the questions were two part questions so it is best if you have good memory or you will forget the second question before you finish answering the first question.

Interview Questions

• First question was to explain the policy. They asked me how would I conduct a conference. How would I work with a person who doesn't like me. What do I know about the resources and if I don't know what would I do to know about the resources. Then towards the end they ask you general questions like can you work after 5 and on weekends sometimes. Describe what professional dress attire is to you and do you agree with it. Do you have reliable transportation .   Answer Question

Social Worker III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cumberland County Department of Social Services (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and the interview was ten days later. First, I was provided information about the organization and what is expected from employees. Next, I had to complete a written case scenario. The last step was the interview with a 3 person panel. The interview lasted for a hour. From the interview to an offer took 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work history and working with diverse populations. Question about testifying in court.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview consisted of a 5 person panel. They gave you situational scenarios of how you would handle clients. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. They also give you a detailed overview of how the section of the company youll be working for works.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client who is stammering their words and loosing their balance?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cumberland County Department of Social Services (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Answered questions with immediate supervisor and department head. Semi-panel, they both took turns asking situational questions. It was semi-professional. Once they began talking, it was about how bad it is to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire you? Tell them about your strengths and weaknesses? Tell them about a time when you dealt with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunities in salary. You can negotiate pre-paid travel arrangements, for time off.