Cumberland County Department of Social Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cumberland County Department of Social Services

Social Worker III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cumberland County Department of Social Services (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and the interview was ten days later. First, I was provided information about the organization and what is expected from employees. Next, I had to complete a written case scenario. The last step was the interview with a 3 person panel. The interview lasted for a hour. From the interview to an offer took 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work history and working with diverse populations. Question about testifying in court.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview consisted of a 5 person panel. They gave you situational scenarios of how you would handle clients. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. They also give you a detailed overview of how the section of the company youll be working for works.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client who is stammering their words and loosing their balance?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cumberland County Department of Social Services (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Answered questions with immediate supervisor and department head. Semi-panel, they both took turns asking situational questions. It was semi-professional. Once they began talking, it was about how bad it is to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire you? Tell them about your strengths and weaknesses? Tell them about a time when you dealt with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunities in salary. You can negotiate pre-paid travel arrangements, for time off.