Cummins Interview Questions in Columbus, IN | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions in Columbus, IN

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR at the first round and then with the Quality Director. The first one was good but the quality director was I guess expecting a lot from me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Give me an example when you had a conflict with your peers and how did you handle it, and other experience related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Face to face, one-on-one interview. First round was a typical behavioral interview. It lasted for around 40 minutes or could have been lesser.Eye contact, confidence in explaining projects and previous work experience is expected.

Interview Questions

• 1) Walk me through your resume.
      2) Strengths & Weaknesses
      3) Most innovative thing you came up with.
      4) How did you resolve a situation when a co-worker had a different approach and you had to convince or resolve a conflict.
      5) Most difficult challenge faced
      6)Nature of previous work experience
      Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I have applied through consultancy, process took 2 months for phone interview. Phone interview was with group leader of diesel engine department.

Then after my phone interview, got reply from agency within week about onboard procedure. I took the opportunity as it was with CUMMINS.

Interview Questions

• went through resume, six sigma, automobile knowledge about diesel, creo 2.0   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I first had to apply with my resume and then if you passed that first round of screening an interview was the next step. The interview wasn't overly extensive but just enough for them to understand the work you know how to do as well as your character and what kind of traits and skills you bring to both the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• When was one situation in which you had to apply time management?   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

We all had pretty good experiences. The recruiter did a great job at helping me feel comfortable, really tried to get to know who I was and figure out whether i would like working for Cummins and in turn do a good job. Great experience overall.

Principal Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. You take 2 phone calls (an HR screening and a managerial screening), then you are brought in for an all day interview. The interview ranges from potential teammates up to executive level with HR thrown in the middle. The entire process took about 2 weeks. The interview also included a robust 2 hour technical portion, which was very challenging.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a multiple round interviews. Since I was already previously Business analyst / project manager at Cummins, it was more of internal job change. It includes following steps at high level:-
    1 - Found the job, met the hiring manager for prospects with job and working environment
    2 - Applied for the job with resume and formal introductory discussion with hiring manager
    3 - 1st interview after resume acceptance, with hiring manager and hiring manager's manager
    4 - 2nd level interview with IT leadership team, BA manager, Program manager and hiring manager
    5 - 3rd level interview with internal business client on background, technology and management

Interview Questions

• 1 - Tell me about yourself (typical)
      2 - Work experience related questions
      3 - Scenario based questions on what would you do in such situations
      4 - Business relationship related questions on how i keep healthy communication with clients
      5 - Project management typical questions type
      6 - Future aspirations and ambitions
      7 - Agile and waterfall related questions
      8 - Education background and college courses and on campus jobs related
      9 - Expectations from new job
      10 - Why you want to change job and where do you see yourself in few years down the road
      1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with different managers in the department. Each interview lasted less than thirty minutes. These were mostly going through my resume and explaining previous positions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR 2 weeks after for an initial behavioral interview to be held over the phone later in the week. The first interview was really more about them trying to see how you act in different situations, and NO you can't just give general "I would do this", they want to know what you have done in the past that actually relates to what was asked. For example, Tell me about a time you applied yourself and were innovative.

The next one, though slightly technical, was actually more of a repetition of the first behavioral interview. This is, however, different because they are not trying to see if you are fit for the company, they are trying to see if you are fit for the specific team. That said, the questions are mostly behavioral and technical at the same time. For example, I was interviewed for an IT intern role so one of my questions was: "Someone comes to you for computer help, but you're a bit clueless, what do you do?" For questions like this, the absolute WRONG answer is "I will tell them I don't know how to do it and refer them to someone else". While this might actually be a valid course of action in real life, they want you to show that you value teamwork and putting in extra effort. A better answer should lie along the idea of teamwork, intuition and hard work. Overall the interviewers are pretty chill, so don't be nervous.

I eventually got my offer letter 3-4 weeks after the final interview. The wait was so long that, although I aced the interview, I was a bit worried that I just wasn't good enough. With all this, if you don't hear back within the range you expect, don't be worried. Cheers!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a cummins representative at career fair and submitted my resume. I got a mail after 2 weeks asking to schedule a phone interview which will be taken by the recruitment team and there will be another interview from a talent scout later. I got the first interview scheduled but did not hear from them after that.