Cummins Control Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Control Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed directly by an electronics talent scout at the HEENAC Conference. I did not have to go through HR because the talent scout was able to make both the technical and behavioral interview questions. Since I was a college hire, the questions were mostly behavioral and a few were controls related.The behavior questions were situations that helped the recruiter assess me in the core values of Cummins, such as integrity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a controls system by showing the interactions between inputs and outputs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the package was good and I was a college hire.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

first is the behavior questions . after one month, it is technical questions . both are phone call interviews. HR will ask a few standard behavior questions like introduction, your weakness, your strength.

Controls Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. First was a 30 minute long behavioral interview while the second was an hour long technical interview.
    The interviewers were really polite and asked questions related to Cummins values and also questions about my previous job experiences.

Interview Questions

• How is control systems applied in a diesel engine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

Meet with multiple members of the technical staff. Technical discussions on a variety of topics. Plant tour with emphasis on the areas that I would be working in, Follow up after the tour with HR to explain the rest of the process. Total time on the interview was about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a set of drawings that had been submitted by a supplier and asked how I would handle the approval process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

First round of phone interview was HR. Questions about how I would resolve a team conflict, what has been my most memorable contribution as a team member.

Second round was technical and over phone. Questions were from my resume- about the projects I had worked on in college.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my projects - from the resume.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Swift & cooperative.
    Contacted by HR for scheduling a phone interview & then was asked for on site interview.
    1st round: 1 hour
    2nd round: 1 hour
    Process was smooth. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews.
    1) Technical Questions
    2) Your Experiences
    3) What interests you (helps for placement)

All three interviews were over the phone and they were very clear on what was going to happen. At the end of the interview, they told you right then and there if we should expect another phone interview in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

I got the chance to know about CUMMINS in Purdue's career fair. It is the only few companies that support H1B employee status.
    First interview was with two people. All the question are about the behaviors. Second interview was with hiring manager. A phone call about an hour, technical questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• Behavior:
      What is the most difficult situation that you run into?
      How did you deal with conflict with colleagues?

Technical:
      How to filter out sensor's noise?
      How to design a controller?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Got the first round chance on a career fair which they informed me about the behavior interview 1 week later. The behavior interview is 1:1 and the hr is nice. Try to be the first interviewee that day and be expressive.
    About 2 weeks after first round, there was a on phone technical interview. Got the offer 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral one: on campus; 1 hour; most questions are easy like how to solve conflict between you and colleague, how to manage your time.
      Technical one: on phone; 1 hour; one question is to design a control strategy for a driving car. And also asked me about the most successful and innovative work project I have ever done.   1 Answer

Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

1. Talked to a recruiter on university's career showcase and was asked to apply online. Received a phone call right after the showcase to schedule an on-campus interview.

2. Had behavior interview on campus. It should be a 2:1 interview, one HR and one engineer. But I was interviewed only by the engineer because the HR went for lunch.
    Lasted for 45 mins.

3. Got an email to schedule a phone interview two weeks after the on-campus interview. Interviewed by a control engineer. He tried to get me relaxed by talking about my interests, hobbies for the first several minutes. Then followed by some technical questions. The interviewee tried to dig deep into my answer until I was unable to explain any more.
    Lasted for about 1 hour.

4. Received a phone call from Columbus, IN requiring for some personal information. Then contacted the next day providing me two positions to choose from.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were about:
      1) brief self-introduction
      2) Explain each experience listed on resume.
      3) What if you give you customer wrong information.
      4) Handle with several projects at the same time.
      4) Have different opinions with your leader.
      5) Conflicts with team members/colleagues.

Some of the technical questions were about:
      1) What's the difference between classic control and modern control.
      2) What's the condition for a system to be stable. What will happen if it gets unstable.
      3) Give a rough design of a cruise control system.
      4) What is a vector table in microcontroller programming?
      5) How does an interrupt work.
      6) Describe the way a sensor works in your project.   3 Answers