Cummins Customer Care Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I got a call from a hiring manager about ten days later to schedule an on site interview. I was asked to complete several tests on a computer. Tests were on Microsoft Word, Excel, customer service, and finding proper part numbers from a standard "exploded" parts diagram. There was also a typing speed test (one minute timed test). After the tests were complete, I was shown into a conference room where they conducted a panel interview. The panel consisted of three supervisors, the department manager, and a representative from the HR department. All of them asked questions and the interview lasted about an hour. After the panel interview, I met alone with the HR representative, whom answered my questions about salary and benefits. I was then given a tour of the entire facility by one of the supervisors before I left. I got a call from the department manager the next day with a salary offer. I accepted the offer verbally, and got an offer in writing via email from the HR department later the same day. I was required to get a pre-employment physical and drug test. They also conducted a background and reference check.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly standard behavioral questions. They also asked about my direct experience with Cummins or other diesel products and what I knew about Cummins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the interview, the HR representative told me what the starting base salary is for this job. I told her how much I was looking for and she said she would let the hiring manager know. I was offered a salary about half way between the normal starting base and the amount I requested, and I accepted.