Cummins Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online. I had to fill in an online questionnaire which was followed by a phone interview. Finally, I was flown in to have a face-to-face interview. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. One question was regarding how well I work in a multi cultural group. There were no unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Design Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at SHPE 2016, set up for an interview the next morning. Basic questions about familiarity with CAD software and background. Simple question about how much is known about combustion engines. 15-20 minute interview with offer received in two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a HR round. It was for about 15 minutes. I was asked about my resume and then general questions for different scenarios at the workplace.

Anonymous Employee in College, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (College, AK) in September 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview first round. Got reply in a week and had a second phone interview, which was more focused on my resume and technical knowledge.nothing difficult though. They also ask, where do you want to work specifically in the company, but chances are, you wouldn't know

Interview Questions

• If there are 2 trucks, 1 carrying less weight but travelling more and one with more weight but travelling less. Which would have more wear and tear?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

Interview

I applied to an engineering position online in May 2014 and received an email from a Cummins recruiter in July 2014. A phone interview was scheduled a couple days after this initial contact. The interview, as most other interview experiences seem to have been, was just an initial screening interview with questions primarily focused on current work experiences and reasons why I was interested in working at Cummins. After being told I would hear back from them "soon" regarding next steps in the interview process, I never heard back from the recruiter after a few follow-up emails and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• If you enjoy your current job, why are you looking to pursue a career with Cummins? Why the change?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2013.

Interview

They ask behavior questions. And about my previous work experience and my project. The interview is like 30 Min 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult experience in your work place and how you manage it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

School notified me of Cummins coming on campus for interviews and and asked for resume. Sent resume directly to Cummins instead of school. Contacted the next day for full 2 hour phone interview with resume, behavior, and technical based questions. Was contacted by phone 2 days before arriving on campus with an offer. Invited for on site visit with recruiters and future hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Based on grade for position

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

Interview

Process took 6 months, met recruiter at a career fair, had an interview that day, and didn't hear back for 3 months, then got to meet the hiring manager, a few months later I got the offer with little time to accept.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, behavioral based, and involved a few technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with a panel. Good question depth with technical and behavioral questions. Looked for specific examples and product knowledge. Asked questions related to how your previous work specifically impacted bottom line financials, quality improvements, safety improvements, etc. The interviewers were very friendly, professional, clear with their questions, etc. The facilities were very nice and professional as well. It is a very clean, organized, professional, technologically up to date environment.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation during my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

The communication was very friendly, and it was not intimidating at all. They initiated the interview during a recruitment visit to my school. There was a career coach and a recent graduate present at the interview. My impression of the company was extremely positive. My company visit was very encouraging, it was very much an encouraging experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with relocating?   1 Answer
    • What would be the purpose of spark plugs in a diesel engine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel that it was necessary to negotiate. Their initial offer was extremely satisfactory.