Cummins Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2016.

Interview

From the career fair, I had behavioral interview. Two people interviewed, one engineer and one HR person. Second interview was technical interview, it was phone interview by one person. Behavioral interview was about how I as a person would tackle different situations. Technical was purely technical, regarding my field and couple of coding questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a situation when your teammates were not cooperative?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Pretty Nice. Two interviewers, one asking questions, the other one taking notes. Thirty minute long interview on campus. Interviewers were pretty helpful in guiding the candidates towards the right answer. Received an offer a month after the interview. The company and HR helped in figuring out housing. Manager scheduled meeting in advance.

Interview Questions

• Situation Questions about cruise control and feedback system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was one round, 30 minute on campus. They are kind of strict about how much you speak, so prepare the STAR strategy, they really look for that. Otherwise an easy interview, mainly behavioral except 2 questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview is mostly based on the resume. It was 1 hour interview. I had only 1 technical interview,but many other interns had a HR interview afterwards.After the interview was over,I got the offer as an electrical engineer intern in a week.

Interview Questions

• They asked about which projects I worked on and asked me to describe them. Mostly questions were centered around one project(any one). Questions were related to the design steps and problems I faced during completion of project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. That same evening I got a call about an interview for the next day. My interview lasted 45 minutes. It was very well done. Two weeks later I got an answer from their management about a technical interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview through my university. All of you have to do is upload your resume The company officials emailed me. They were very nice and mostly asked personality questions and wanted to know more about your projects. My biggest disadvantage was that I was a freshman and didn't have too much to say about in my resume. If you have adequate experience and a likable personality the process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personal Questions like tell me about a time when you had a fight with your teammate   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

Interview

The behavior interview followed a list of question pre-prepared. It is Friday afternoon and the interviewer sounds sleepy, so I didn't get very good feedback. The interview focuses more on what type of person you are and how you reacts to certain situation. They did asked some ordinary questions like describe your challenge or similar stuff.

Interview Questions

• What you will do if a job comes with no specific instructions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for EE engineer. Had Behavioral interview first. It was telephonic and were standard questions from glassdoor. Then had Funtional Technical interview scheduled after 2 weeks. Asked technical details in the projects i did like what values you used in the projects etc.. Asked about my undergraduate experiences, Microcontroller experiences and design, experience with matlab, brief view of cruise control system, and how does cruise control works if you are going uphill and downhill, Data acquisition. Answered all of them except data acquisition but got rejection the next day via email

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I got Interviewed by cummins through college recruiting. interviewed 1 week after that. the questions are expected, nothing special. for the first step is behavioral. they willd just go through your resume, ask some details, and some more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when do you face your most difficult situation.   2 Answers