Cummins Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. There were 2 recruiters one asked questions and the other one took notes. The interview went smooth. They were really nice and friendly. They just wanted to see if the candidate was able to handle conflict and if he/she was a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult workplace conflict you have had in your professional career and how you handled it
      Describe a biggest achievement
      Describe a time that you have a conflict with your friend/family members and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I secured the interview through my university career fair. The interview was behavioral with a general discussion of my resume and past experiences. It was a very simple one on one interview and no technical questions were asked. Interviewer brought up things mentioned on my resume and wanted me to explain them and how did I contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced in the past and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Peoria, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair and had interview on campus. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and me telling them about my background and walking through my resume. I am okay with behavioral interviews, but I was annoyed that all of my questions seemed to have negative connotations to them. They were all asking about how I screwed up and made mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not communicate well enough and so a mistake was made that cost your group/company   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Stoughton, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a contract position with Cummins Filtration. The position required a working knowledge of Pro/E Creo. I interview in person and was shown a presentation about what the facility did, and I was shown an example of the type of projects I would be working on if I were to be hired. They asked me about my experience with Pro/E. I also described a design project I worked on in some detail. There weren't many behavioral interview questions. That might have been because it was a contract position that needed to be hired asap to do mostly modeling. After my interview I was given a part to model in Creo. The engineer and the HR individual who interviewed me were amicable.

Interview Questions

• I was given an injected molded part and a caliper, and I was asked to model it to the best of my ability in a 30 minute period.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions

• What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Talked to Cummins recruiter on campus and was offered an on-campus interview. The first round was all behavioral test. One week later, I received an email invitation to advance to the second round. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical interview. She kept rescheduling the interview date and eventually cancelled by saying that my resume was accidentally submitted to her. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through university. Within the same week , I was emailed by the recruiting team and it was a bunch of behavioral questions. The next week I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• When you present in front of people, how do u make sure that they understand what you are saying?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question