Cummins Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

Campus interview was a behavior interview with questions to get to know more about you. Most of the questions were about working with others and how do you react when working in groups.
    As long as you know yourself well and are able to express yourself clearly, it should probably be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. There were 2 recruiters one asked questions and the other one took notes. The interview went smooth. They were really nice and friendly. They just wanted to see if the candidate was able to handle conflict and if he/she was a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult workplace conflict you have had in your professional career and how you handled it
      Describe a biggest achievement
      Describe a time that you have a conflict with your friend/family members and how you solved it
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

First there is a HR interview and then there is a technical interview, both can happen over phone or on site. HR interview is basic set of questions to gauge the individual capability to handle stressful work and technical side looks for the technical competence to deliver successful judgement/solutions to engineering problems

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied online through University website.
    After selection by someone in the recruitment team had 1-1 on campus.
    Was called onsite and 2 groups interviewed and that went on for almost entire day.
    Got offer from both the groups. Manager were very friendly and put me at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Provide me an example of how certain tools mentioned in the resume were used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus showcase, talked to them in the booth, the scheduled a behavioral interview for the next day right away. This 1st interview lasted about 35min with two people (1 conducted the interview the other typed my answers in the computer). Head out of the interview 15 min later they call saying they want to have a second interview (functional interview).
    This second interview was with one of the previous recruiters and a new one. they wanted to talk more in depth about my projects.this functional interview lasted about 40min.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you used engineering concepts to solve a problem?
      which is the most difficult design you have done?
      Talk about a time you encountered a problem with cultural diversity.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. starting date and final date is negotiable as long a you complete a min of 10 weeks in the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Peoria, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair and had interview on campus. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and me telling them about my background and walking through my resume. I am okay with behavioral interviews, but I was annoyed that all of my questions seemed to have negative connotations to them. They were all asking about how I screwed up and made mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not communicate well enough and so a mistake was made that cost your group/company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was good. A telephonic, then personal interview with HR and hiring manager. Lof of questions from resume. past experience was stressed. Manager also helped understand the opportunities in company. To make more informed decisions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cummins (Phoneton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question