Cummins Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2017

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was good. A telephonic, then personal interview with HR and hiring manager. Lof of questions from resume. past experience was stressed. Manager also helped understand the opportunities in company. To make more informed decisions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cummins (Phoneton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Fort Collins, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

There was an in-person interview with a Cummins engineer at my school's career fair. It was a typical behavioral interview, and the interviewer was relaxed and easy to talk to. A couple weeks later there was a phone interview with a senior manager, with some behavioral questions and some personality/get to know you questions. Both interviews were low-stress and mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was available for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Stoughton, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a contract position with Cummins Filtration. The position required a working knowledge of Pro/E Creo. I interview in person and was shown a presentation about what the facility did, and I was shown an example of the type of projects I would be working on if I were to be hired. They asked me about my experience with Pro/E. I also described a design project I worked on in some detail. There weren't many behavioral interview questions. That might have been because it was a contract position that needed to be hired asap to do mostly modeling. After my interview I was given a part to model in Creo. The engineer and the HR individual who interviewed me were amicable.

Interview Questions

• I was given an injected molded part and a caliper, and I was asked to model it to the best of my ability in a 30 minute period.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions

• What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Talked to Cummins recruiter on campus and was offered an on-campus interview. The first round was all behavioral test. One week later, I received an email invitation to advance to the second round. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical interview. She kept rescheduling the interview date and eventually cancelled by saying that my resume was accidentally submitted to her. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation? Are you kidding?