Cummins Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

Campus interview was a behavior interview with questions to get to know more about you. Most of the questions were about working with others and how do you react when working in groups.
    As long as you know yourself well and are able to express yourself clearly, it should probably be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a pop-up interview that I received from networking at a career fair. Most of the questions I was asked were behavioral in nature (like the cookie-cutter behavioral interview questions), but the interviewer asked one technical question. I didn't know the answer, but I tried my best to answer it and although my answer was incorrect, she appreciated the effort on my part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. There were 2 recruiters one asked questions and the other one took notes. The interview went smooth. They were really nice and friendly. They just wanted to see if the candidate was able to handle conflict and if he/she was a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult workplace conflict you have had in your professional career and how you handled it
      Describe a biggest achievement
      Describe a time that you have a conflict with your friend/family members and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I secured the interview through my university career fair. The interview was behavioral with a general discussion of my resume and past experiences. It was a very simple one on one interview and no technical questions were asked. Interviewer brought up things mentioned on my resume and wanted me to explain them and how did I contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced in the past and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

First there is a HR interview and then there is a technical interview, both can happen over phone or on site. HR interview is basic set of questions to gauge the individual capability to handle stressful work and technical side looks for the technical competence to deliver successful judgement/solutions to engineering problems

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied online through University website.
    After selection by someone in the recruitment team had 1-1 on campus.
    Was called onsite and 2 groups interviewed and that went on for almost entire day.
    Got offer from both the groups. Manager were very friendly and put me at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Provide me an example of how certain tools mentioned in the resume were used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus showcase, talked to them in the booth, the scheduled a behavioral interview for the next day right away. This 1st interview lasted about 35min with two people (1 conducted the interview the other typed my answers in the computer). Head out of the interview 15 min later they call saying they want to have a second interview (functional interview).
    This second interview was with one of the previous recruiters and a new one. they wanted to talk more in depth about my projects.this functional interview lasted about 40min.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you used engineering concepts to solve a problem?
      which is the most difficult design you have done?
      Talk about a time you encountered a problem with cultural diversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. starting date and final date is negotiable as long a you complete a min of 10 weeks in the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Peoria, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair and had interview on campus. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and me telling them about my background and walking through my resume. I am okay with behavioral interviews, but I was annoyed that all of my questions seemed to have negative connotations to them. They were all asking about how I screwed up and made mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not communicate well enough and so a mistake was made that cost your group/company   Answer Question