Cummins Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer() Interview

Interview

The first interview was a behavioral interview where you were asked situational questions. Then after you get selected to move on to a 2nd interview which is a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult team member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an interview from Fall career fair. Interview itself was not difficult, behavioral. Thought I did well but never heard back. I think the second round interview is more technical.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation in which you failed, and then changed your plan and tried again."   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

Campus interview was a behavior interview with questions to get to know more about you. Most of the questions were about working with others and how do you react when working in groups.
    As long as you know yourself well and are able to express yourself clearly, it should probably be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a pop-up interview that I received from networking at a career fair. Most of the questions I was asked were behavioral in nature (like the cookie-cutter behavioral interview questions), but the interviewer asked one technical question. I didn't know the answer, but I tried my best to answer it and although my answer was incorrect, she appreciated the effort on my part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. There were 2 recruiters one asked questions and the other one took notes. The interview went smooth. They were really nice and friendly. They just wanted to see if the candidate was able to handle conflict and if he/she was a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult workplace conflict you have had in your professional career and how you handled it
      Describe a biggest achievement
      Describe a time that you have a conflict with your friend/family members and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I secured the interview through my university career fair. The interview was behavioral with a general discussion of my resume and past experiences. It was a very simple one on one interview and no technical questions were asked. Interviewer brought up things mentioned on my resume and wanted me to explain them and how did I contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced in the past and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to my schools career fair and spoke with the Cummins reps. Thankfully they liked me and gave me an interview, and from there I eventually landed the job. It did take some time and asking on my part after the interview to hear about the decision though.

Engineer Interview

Interview

First there is a HR interview and then there is a technical interview, both can happen over phone or on site. HR interview is basic set of questions to gauge the individual capability to handle stressful work and technical side looks for the technical competence to deliver successful judgement/solutions to engineering problems