Cummins Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview

networked at campus career fair and got called by them. Then scheduled an interview over email. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, polite and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What are your key weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions

• What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview with two interviewers, they went through 5 to 6 standard questions to you and let you ask one question about the company

Interview Questions

• tell me what you did in a situation where some body gave you can project without clear guidance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, ask about yourself, experiences, why choose Cummins

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Basically It took 3 interviews
    1st behavioral interview took 30 Minutes, 2nd Technical interview took 1.5 hours, 3rd Onsite interview/ Group or Panel Interview took 7 hours.

Behavioral was pretty straight forward, Give me an example where you handled conflict, Give me an example where you failed, Give me an example where you did something new.

Technical Interview started with a run through my resume. Tell us about your achievements, Then they asked questions about FMEA process, problem solving ability, then hardcore engineering questions about, Stress, endurance, Loads, Forces, Balancing, Part failure under Load etc.

Final Onsite Interview started with discussion on my resume and how I use my engineering knowledge in developing various products, What process and thinking I am using to solve various engineering problems. Then Questions about my achievements at previous job.
    Interview started with a manager interview, after that my hiring manager took me on a city and manufacturing plant tour, asked similar questions. Then 1 hr Behavioral interview round asking questions like, where you see yourself in 5 years, What kind of a role you prefer in product development process etc, and then a HR wrap up at the end. Got offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Stress, Endurance, Loading, Forces, Balancing, etc   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews:
    1st one was with an outside recruiter. Pretty easy. She sent a questionnaire 2 weeks in advance. On the day of the interview, I was asked the same questions. Basically HR Stuff.
    Describe situation of conflict
    Describe strengths and weaknesses
    Describe the most innovative thing you have come up with
    What are your future plans - 5 years ahead etc.
    What are the positions you are best suited for and why? (she had sent me a list of positions - entry level)

2nd one was a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. He was from the advanced systems design group. This one was pretty difficult. Nothing asked from resume. Was asked a lot of design engineering stuff like difference between form and function, explain the whole process when you designed a product, stress analyses, etc. had to come up with examples for everything. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. Got really tough at some points.

Have been told that the decision will be made in 2 weeks. Will post an update once I receive it.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between form and function in a design   Answer Question
    • What type of analysis you used to evaluate the performance of the product and why   Answer Question
    • What types of tool you know. Details about tools, projects etc. Grilled on extent of knowledge of ProE   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

Campus interview was a behavior interview with questions to get to know more about you. Most of the questions were about working with others and how do you react when working in groups.
    As long as you know yourself well and are able to express yourself clearly, it should probably be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Talked to Cummins recruiter on campus and was offered an on-campus interview. The first round was all behavioral test. One week later, I received an email invitation to advance to the second round. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical interview. She kept rescheduling the interview date and eventually cancelled by saying that my resume was accidentally submitted to her. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question