Cummins Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer() Interview

Interview

The first interview was a behavioral interview where you were asked situational questions. Then after you get selected to move on to a 2nd interview which is a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult team member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an interview from Fall career fair. Interview itself was not difficult, behavioral. Thought I did well but never heard back. I think the second round interview is more technical.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation in which you failed, and then changed your plan and tried again."   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter, took a couple of months to get an invite to come to an assessment centre. They split the groups in half, where they took us on a tour around the factory and then went for a personal interview. After lunch, there was a group exercise on building a tower using sticks and sellotape. We then had to make a group presentation on how we performed, how we split work, why etc.
    I talked about how I quickly realised I was better at taping the tower together, so we split work up in a way to become more efficient.
    Everyone was very nice and helpful during the process, which was great to feel relaxed. Interview by the head of R&D and a senior materials engineer. Questions were straight forward if you know about turbos. I also had questions on which locations they were based in and usual competency questions.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a turbo and asked me to identify features e.g. bearings, wastegate etc.   Answer Question
    • What materials are used on a turbo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to my schools career fair and spoke with the Cummins reps. Thankfully they liked me and gave me an interview, and from there I eventually landed the job. It did take some time and asking on my part after the interview to hear about the decision though.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application. Invited to an assessment centre at the plant. Everyone was asked to present an engineering topic of choice. The presentation was followed by group activities, a plant tour and a one-to-one interview. The interview consisted of general engineering and personality questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was casual and comfortable, interviewer knows the job description and how it sources and filters candidates to match with the candidates profile.

Panel interviewer provided challenging questions yet practical and were based on actual sales engineering problems and challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a 1 million dollar power gen to a customer   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

At the beginning they asked you about the history of the company through out the yeas as they take pride on it. later on they focused on more technical details for the position you're applying to and finally some questions about what you expect about the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the previous company's name?   1 Answer
    • What is a turbocharger and the way it works on a motor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a pop-up interview that I received from networking at a career fair. Most of the questions I was asked were behavioral in nature (like the cookie-cutter behavioral interview questions), but the interviewer asked one technical question. I didn't know the answer, but I tried my best to answer it and although my answer was incorrect, she appreciated the effort on my part.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naberezhnyy, Tatarstan (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Naberezhnyy, Tatarstan (Russia)) in May 2013.

Interview

over stressed interview with non ethical questions and ineptness grins over the previous job experience, lack of knowledge in the required field position, but at the same time tried to show that they were aware of the processes in this field

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question