Cummins Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I secured the interview through my university career fair. The interview was behavioral with a general discussion of my resume and past experiences. It was a very simple one on one interview and no technical questions were asked. Interviewer brought up things mentioned on my resume and wanted me to explain them and how did I contribute.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced in the past and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. There were 2 recruiters one asked questions and the other one took notes. The interview went smooth. They were really nice and friendly. They just wanted to see if the candidate was able to handle conflict and if he/she was a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult workplace conflict you have had in your professional career and how you handled it
      Describe a biggest achievement
      Describe a time that you have a conflict with your friend/family members and how you solved it
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

Campus interview was a behavior interview with questions to get to know more about you. Most of the questions were about working with others and how do you react when working in groups.
    As long as you know yourself well and are able to express yourself clearly, it should probably be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked with different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Talked to Cummins recruiter on campus and was offered an on-campus interview. The first round was all behavioral test. One week later, I received an email invitation to advance to the second round. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a technical interview. She kept rescheduling the interview date and eventually cancelled by saying that my resume was accidentally submitted to her. Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. Then On-site interview. They delayed in sending an offer letter by a month. Had a positive experience through the whole interview process. Ensure to research the company prior to the interview. Learn about their new products and existing products out in the field. Read brochures on how their technology works and meets customer requirements.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Engines   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was good. A telephonic, then personal interview with HR and hiring manager. Lof of questions from resume. past experience was stressed. Manager also helped understand the opportunities in company. To make more informed decisions.

Engineer Interview

Interview

First there is a HR interview and then there is a technical interview, both can happen over phone or on site. HR interview is basic set of questions to gauge the individual capability to handle stressful work and technical side looks for the technical competence to deliver successful judgement/solutions to engineering problems

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Orlando, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Questions were geared towards understanding fit with company culture, i.e. mostly behavioral type questions, few technical. The questioned focus on team work experiences, success and failures stories and what done about them. The interviewer allowed time for questions and shared experience in the company, very engaging and warm approach.