Cummins Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Very basic interview questions. All behavioral. Understand basic excel functions and there will be no problem if any analysis questions. Very personable people to interview with. Everyone helped me throughout the process. They were very clear and willing to accommodate anything you needed. Gave plenty of dates to work around for the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

First round is easy, basic structured interview. Second round is a bit stressful, you will be interviewed by two person at the Cummins HQ in one hour. The second round interviews are unstructured and recruiters will ask you whatever they saw interesting in your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call 3 days after I applied and they made an offer for me to start the following week. The staffing agency was really good in the whole process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was the expected 2 on 1 format that you read about here on glassdoor. After about five minutes into the interview I knew that Cummins wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why Cummins, weaknesses and how you overcome those weaknesses (wanted STAR responses), how are you creative, specific examples of diversity in your career at IU, how I manage risk in my life, opportunities I'm looking for, what part of Cummins do I see myself working in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There is pre select process in my university before the official career fair. Around 2 weeks after the career fair, they contact me for on campus interview. (I couldn't make it, thus reschedule to a phone interview).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiters at the career fair in college, called back for an interview on campus - one on one interview held on campus a few days after the career fair

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and how you chose your major?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It's a typical structured interview and all the questions they asked are behavioral questions. They have list and they would go over the list. There are two interviewers and they are nice and friendly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Normal behavioral interview. 2 rounds: campus and on-site interview. On-site interviews included info session, plant tour, back to back interviews (each is 30 mins long). Columbus is very nice, and Cummins is really a very diverse company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initial contact was made at school's career fair in the Fall. A one-on-one interview took place about a week later on campus. I was able to keep in contact with the company over the next few months as positions opened up. Was contacted by HR a few months after initial interview and they requested a phone interview with a hiring manager. Received an offer about a week later.

Initial in-person interview was very behavioral based. Second interview (phone) w/ hiring manager focused on experience and some more technical stuff (nothing too difficult).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma that you faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very competitive offer - not much negotiation needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial Interview - On campus interview. The night before we had a "meet the recruiter" event which was helpful in that it allowed us to eat with and talk to the Cummins employees who were going to be interviewing us the following day. This event was not mandatory to attend, but I highly recommend going. The day of the interview, I already knew my interviewers from the night before so I felt much more relaxed than I think I would have been. I was interviewed by two employees of Cummins, and it was mostly questions about my resume, why I wanted to work at Cummins, Where I saw myself in 5 years, and some other simple questions like that. They also had some behavioral questions asking for a time when I missed a deadline and what did I do to fix the problem, times when I had to work with a difficult group, and other similar questions.

A few days later, I received an invitation for an on-site interview and information day in Columbus, IN. There were two back-to-back interviews about 30 minutes each. These started as introductions and the interviewer told me about themselves, and then the questions were very similar to the first interview, except they also wanted to know about how I have used technology and computer programs. They wanted to know if I had the ability to sort through large amounts of data. The rest of the day felt very much like a sales pitch. They were telling us all of the reasons why Cummins is a great place to work.

I have not received an offer yet, but I expect to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you missed a deadline and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question