Cummins Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was the expected 2 on 1 format that you read about here on glassdoor. After about five minutes into the interview I knew that Cummins wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why Cummins, weaknesses and how you overcome those weaknesses (wanted STAR responses), how are you creative, specific examples of diversity in your career at IU, how I manage risk in my life, opportunities I'm looking for, what part of Cummins do I see myself working in.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiters at the career fair in college, called back for an interview on campus - one on one interview held on campus a few days after the career fair

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and how you chose your major?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It's a typical structured interview and all the questions they asked are behavioral questions. They have list and they would go over the list. There are two interviewers and they are nice and friendly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

First round is easy, basic structured interview. Second round is a bit stressful, you will be interviewed by two person at the Cummins HQ in one hour. The second round interviews are unstructured and recruiters will ask you whatever they saw interesting in your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call 3 days after I applied and they made an offer for me to start the following week. The staffing agency was really good in the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There is pre select process in my university before the official career fair. Around 2 weeks after the career fair, they contact me for on campus interview. (I couldn't make it, thus reschedule to a phone interview).

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ingolstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ingolstadt (Germany)) in April 2014.

Interview

Good process, lasted only a couple of days. Initiallly contacted by recruiter then hiring manager phone interview then on site interview with team members. I was offered the job very next day.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (East Timor)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Pune (East Timor)).

Interview

Had two interviews of 30 mins each. In the first interview i was told about the job profile and asked if i had any questions multiple times.
    The second one was more about Why i want to join and a few general questions about AS 2 and ind as and DCF method.
    The only problem was...I was told the role is in tax, audit or accounts but was interviewed in relation to costing and forcasting.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Normal behavioral interview. 2 rounds: campus and on-site interview. On-site interviews included info session, plant tour, back to back interviews (each is 30 mins long). Columbus is very nice, and Cummins is really a very diverse company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initial contact was made at school's career fair in the Fall. A one-on-one interview took place about a week later on campus. I was able to keep in contact with the company over the next few months as positions opened up. Was contacted by HR a few months after initial interview and they requested a phone interview with a hiring manager. Received an offer about a week later.

Initial in-person interview was very behavioral based. Second interview (phone) w/ hiring manager focused on experience and some more technical stuff (nothing too difficult).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma that you faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very competitive offer - not much negotiation needed.