Cummins Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the experience was great. It was like a friendly communication of ideas. Questions were not difficult, and most were behavioral questions. Followed-up questions were asked almost after every answer. It was great to know more about Cummins's culture during the interview. It was a really awesome company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge of HRIS currently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Very friendly and conversational. The first round is behavioral generally taken by the HR. The second round interview is taken by senior level executives, focusing more of the functional aspect of the job you are applying for, and also asking behavioral questions which are directly related to your area of interest.
    Overall excellent experience, they make you feel very comfortable so nothing to get nervous about at all.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What do you value most about yourself, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Structured with 2 on 1. The interviewer seemed in a rush. One person interviewed while second person took notes. Questions were very structured and past behavioural. There were interlinked probing questions for each question. Overall three questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you were bale to produce results.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It all started with a recruiter seeking out students on my campus. I was invited to an interview on campus which was very convenient. It was a 1 on 1 interview with many situational questions. My interview went well so it lasted over an hour but the interviewer said they generally about 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later I was given a contingent offer Fourier m followed by a formal offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Was asked my experience with data analysis which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

On campus interview. There are two recruiters and lasted 30 mins. It is not hard, but be careful about your approach, never ever show any signs that you are aggressive or demanding.

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Normal, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one interview, as I was pre-selected for this. The one-on-one interview focused on my resume and was tailored to my experiences. The gentleman that interviewed me was knowledgeable and seemed to be interested in my experiences. There really isn't anything more to say about the interview process except that it was tailored/customized to my experience.

Interview Questions

• What was different about working in a unionized environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as this is an internship.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line by submitting my resume and cover letter to the HR Generalist on a Tuesday. She responded immediately and wanted to interview me within a matter of days after reviewing my resume. About three days later (Friday), she and I scheduled an over the phone interview that lasted about 35 minutes. This was also when she asked if I could attend an in-person interview. The following Monday was the in-person interview with both the HR Generalist and HR Manager which lasted about an hour and a half where I was told to follow-up in two weeks. One month after the interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about the company?   1 Answer