Cummins India Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins India Limited Interview Questions

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Guwahati (India)).

Interview

First a technical and an aptitude test was conducted in an online mode. After this few students were shortlisted and was called for the interview. The interview had two stages technical as well as Hr. After this the results were declared. I feel very fortunate to get selected.I study at NERIST, four students got selected from our college.

Interview Questions

• They asked very basic questions, and laid much stress on the projects and training undergone. So prepare your resume well and be honest.   2 Answers

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

It was good, I was called for interview and details of venue and time were given. I reached there on time and I don't have to wait longer. The interview lasted for around an hour and then I was asked told that they will contact me

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited.

Interview

Interview Questions

• face to face interview, basic principle of diesel engines and its performance at different altitudes. some practical problems and ur logical thinking abilities to tackle the problems. simple HR round basically ur hobbies and ready to relocate or not if given any opportunities.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Pune (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

general hr questions and easy interview process. first telephonic interview by hr and then face to face interview with hr people and division head regarding your past work experiences, background and education background

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited in October 2015.

Interview

It is a good way of process to hire. The questions are very easy to answer and the requirements of the job is suitable for me. So please suggest for the interview and i am eagerly waiting for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Which kind of job are you searching?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewers asked me about my background and there were questions related to my previous work experience and also the experience about my MBA (since I had done it in the UK). Overall my guess is it went quiet well and I managed to impress them as they also wanted to interview me for a higher position considering my skills and education. The other interview happened almost immediately after 10-15 minutes for which I was totally not prepared. Later the HR personnel Preeti Singh said I was selected and they wanted me to give a Medical test the very same day to which I agreed. After the medical test Preeti asked me to forward the documents required by them (Salary slips, an excel sheet with some details, previous leaving letter and the usual documents). A week after I submitted the documents I asked her for the update, she said they are in the process of preparing and will get back once its done. I kept following up week after week and I got the same reply from her that its in the process and they will get back. I never received any update for weeks and I never wrote to them after that. This went on for a good 2 months actually.

Thats how my experience was with Cummins, I had heard a lot of good things about this company and some similar bad experiences. But since this being a personal experience I can tell confidently I won't be applying to any other positions in the company hence forth and I never ever look forward to working with them again.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about supply chain management and responsibilities in my previous role. What my strengths and weakness are and some more questions...   Answer Question

Chief Manager- Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like any other company- initially got call from a recruitment consultancy firm. After that, two rounds of telephonic discussions with HR, followed by two rounds of telephonic discussions with a AGM level person and the departmental head.

The initial two HR rounds were just for screening; asked questions like- why do you want to change (abd some related questions)? Briefly describe your careerpath. What kind of projects you did? Describe one of them. All expected questions.

The first telephonic discussion with AGM was completely technical on six sigma. Asked some basic questions on six sigma, then asked me to describe one of my projects and started asking questions on that.

The second telephonic discussion with Departmental head was lengthy one- almost 70 minutes- with mix of H and technical questions, but nothing extraordinary.

Post these calls, they wanted me to come to Pune. That was March 2015, and due to year end I was finding it difficult to get time ( travelling to Pune from Mumbai is a full day task). The HR lady kept on calling every day 3~4 times. I somehow, with great difficulty, managed a date. They confirmed that all expenses of travelling would be reimbursed.

On the designated day, I reached Pune office of Cummins at 2 PM, exactly on time. I was immediately escorted into a lobby and was seated. Post that, for next 1.5 years, I just sat there. Called the contact person at HR several times, but she replied only "in couple of minutes". Ultimately, I appeared for the interview at 4:15. I was damn hungry (did not have my lunch; the HR lady promised she would take me to canteen but did not). There were 3 people, including the departmental head. I politely informed that I am hungry. They showed lot of concern, but no one even offered a biscuit. Was quite pissed off with the hospitality and attitude towards an interview candidate.

This interview also started with usual question on previous experiences. Then there were lot of situational questions- like "XYZ industry, which is a big customer of ours gensets, saw a drop in terms of our market share. What could be the parameters you would look for your Xs if you do a sis igma project on this?" And then some related questions based on your answers.

I was quite pissed off on their attitude and hospitality and reviews in Glassdoor suggested that not a great company. So, I did get a better offer abd declined their offer. And by the way, after two months also I am yet to get the reimbursement for the travel.

Already written

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

MOST DISRESPECTFUL treatment I ever received by any recruiter! On the day of interview, the interviewer didn't turn up for the interview.
    I was invited for a face to face interview by HR after they saw my profile on an online job portal. On arrival at the interview location (Cummins' office at Balewadi, Pune) HR kept me waiting at the front desk for 1 hour. For the first 30 minutes, HR person gave me no reason why I'm not escorted into the building. After making multiple phone calls to the HR person, I was finally told that the interviewer has not yet arrived to the office. I still waited for 30 more minutes upon HR's request; only to come to know that the interviewer has not yet arrived. Till the end, HR couldn't give me a convincing answer to my simple question "When the interviewer is expected to reach to office?"
    This behavior shows that people working at this office have no respect for someone's time.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins India Limited.

Interview

Came for campus in our college. Just asked for basic automobile questions.. It was a easy interview and had no difficult questions. Their main focus was on "working after office hours and working with hands and no robots available" and i told ok

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Technical interview in first round. Asked everything from CV. Next question is asked depending on answer given by candidate. Second round was taken by VP. Again asked technical questions and relocation. Then given the offer.

Negotiation