Cummins Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

2.8

165 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online. I had to fill in an online questionnaire which was followed by a phone interview. Finally, I was flown in to have a face-to-face interview. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. One question was regarding how well I work in a multi cultural group. There were no unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone screen, in person. The in person portion was onsite and included various direct reports and members of senior management. Got an offer that was comically low for the level of expertise they needed. I attempted negotiating the salary but got nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions, strength/weaknesses, tell us about a time you faced this challenge   Answer Question

CPE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

4 hours interview process covering lots of thermal fluids questions, previous work experience, and behavioral interview. Met with all of the team members, and as a group, they all evaluated my performance. It all went well, but I lacked the experience they were looking for because they wanted someone who had already held a similar position to apply for the role.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used GT Power application, and to what extent are you familiar with it?   Answer Question

Cleaning Woman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

This is ridiculous. I have been taken from screen to screen when I only wanted to provide salary information. I have wasted too much time with your information requests already.

Interview Questions

• Do you like cleaning offices?   1 Answer

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus in the company's booth. The interview was held on campus as well. I got an email the next day and the interview was scheduled for a week later. Behavioral questions were asked. There was only one person in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you developed a relationship with your manager.   Answer Question

Thermal and Fluid Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

selected to the campus interviews session. it is about behavioral questions. the next stage is about functional interviews via phones. there are two interviewers in the behavioral interview, one asking questions and the other recording in the laptop. questions are about how i deal with difficulties during the projects and about team cooperation. In addition, projects involved in my resume are discussed

Functional Excellence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one face to face interview. The team asked about my background and asked for examples from my past experience. The interviewers were people on the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a first round interview (Behavioral). Very relaxed. Interviewer was friendly and asked interesting questions. However, said that I would hear back soon but never responded to e-mails for over a month and then suddenly found out that I didn't qualify.
    Overall, a decent experience but better communication would be preferred

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult team?
      Projects you've worked on?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I joined as a contractor, I had a phone interview with the manager and one HR interview also in phone. Then I met my manager in person. I worked as a contract for a year and they liked my worked and helped me become a full term employee.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me something about you?
      2. what keeps you motivated?
      3. where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      4. General behavioral questions like - tell me a time when you had conflicts in your team and how you resolved the issue?
      5. Strengths and weakness, etc   1 Answer

Corporate Responsibility Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 6 interviews conducted by members from HR, Engineering and leadership both at the business unit and corporate level. The business unit president and corporate officer of the function were part of the interview team.