Cummins Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a company engineer. Very easy going. Was asked about simple engineering questions and what if scenarios related to design applications. Had a hr phone screen after initial interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Was called for an interview shortly after the career fair. The interview was behavioural and the interviewer was patient and attentive. I was walked them through my resume and experience. Overall, the interviewing with them was a pleasant experience.

They followed up about 10 days later saying I had been recommended for a functional interview.

Oddly, they got back to me after a couple of months saying they were considering other candidates which left me confused.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins?

Tell us of a situation where you weren't prepared for the task but had to complete it.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Great experience interacting with talent scouts. Seems like they evaluated more on personality, communication skills than technical skills. Had 2 rounds of interviews in total. The first round was behavior-based on campus, and 2nd round was a call with functional talent scouts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick... Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick...

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions... tell me about a time you had a problem? Why you want to work at cummins? T   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The hiring process began at a college career fair and I talked to some recruiters at the booth and at the end of a short conversation I was offered a next day interview. It was a half hour behavioral interview and two weeks later I was called and asked to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week for an hour. This interview was still behavioral, but was rooted largely in company values and a few situational based questions that relate to a Product Validation Engineer Co-Op.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What would be some key differences in the design and the applications for highway vs. non-highway diesel engines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter included approximate pay and location of office.

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for student internship position through in-person recruiters and online application, completed an in-person, one on one behavioral interview shortly after on-campus career fair. This was followed by a behavioral interview over the phone six weeks later. Both interviews were low-pressure and asked me a general set of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why would you like to work for Cummins?"
      "Describe a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a task."
      "Describe an instance when you had an initial plan, but then had to reorganize your approach to accomplish the task."
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2016.

Interview

I applied this intern from our collage website. And I got an interview after a month. There is one person asked some questions and then recorded online. All of the interview questions are behavioral questions.

Application

Interview

College recruiting
    All situational questions
    The process is simple. I got email from them to set up on campus interview.

They asked how do I bond with people in team? What is the most difficult thing you have done?

Still waiting for result...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a first round interview (Behavioral). Very relaxed. Interviewer was friendly and asked interesting questions. However, said that I would hear back soon but never responded to e-mails for over a month and then suddenly found out that I didn't qualify.
    Overall, a decent experience but better communication would be preferred

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult team?
      Projects you've worked on?
      Answer Question