Cummins Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Two person interview, behavioral. Typical questions but applied as a sophomore and didn't have much experience. It was my first interview and I did not prepare much. Did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Got an interview from university career fair, and they asked me right away for interview time slots. The interview happened after 5 days. The recruiter was nice and easy-going, more of a conversational setting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a company engineer. Very easy going. Was asked about simple engineering questions and what if scenarios related to design applications. Had a hr phone screen after initial interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Was called for an interview shortly after the career fair. The interview was behavioural and the interviewer was patient and attentive. I was walked them through my resume and experience. Overall, the interviewing with them was a pleasant experience.

They followed up about 10 days later saying I had been recommended for a functional interview.

Oddly, they got back to me after a couple of months saying they were considering other candidates which left me confused.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins?

Tell us of a situation where you weren't prepared for the task but had to complete it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Great experience interacting with talent scouts. Seems like they evaluated more on personality, communication skills than technical skills. Had 2 rounds of interviews in total. The first round was behavior-based on campus, and 2nd round was a call with functional talent scouts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick... Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick...

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions... tell me about a time you had a problem? Why you want to work at cummins? T   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The hiring process began at a college career fair and I talked to some recruiters at the booth and at the end of a short conversation I was offered a next day interview. It was a half hour behavioral interview and two weeks later I was called and asked to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week for an hour. This interview was still behavioral, but was rooted largely in company values and a few situational based questions that relate to a Product Validation Engineer Co-Op.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What would be some key differences in the design and the applications for highway vs. non-highway diesel engines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter included approximate pay and location of office.

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for student internship position through in-person recruiters and online application, completed an in-person, one on one behavioral interview shortly after on-campus career fair. This was followed by a behavioral interview over the phone six weeks later. Both interviews were low-pressure and asked me a general set of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why would you like to work for Cummins?"
      "Describe a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a task."
      "Describe an instance when you had an initial plan, but then had to reorganize your approach to accomplish the task."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. First interview was behavioral and the second was functional. Interviewed by two people each time, interviews were only two days apart. The functional interview was mainly for them to get an idea of where your technical background was and what kind of position you'd be interested in.