Cummins Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.7

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Cv shortlist follwed by two rounds of interviews.
1st was technical round foucing on background and project ON SKYPE. Next came the HR round which was a telephonic interview lasting around half an hour. The questions touched nearly all aspects so overall preparations recommended.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a one on one interview after applying through my university's career services. The first interview was a 40 minute one on one interview on campus. About a month and a half later, I received a call to schedule an hour long phone interview. Three weeks after the phone interview, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• First interview asked typical behavioral questions. (disagreement with others, overcoming a challenge, etc). Phone interview as neither behavioral or technical. They ask you questions about past projects and ask many follow up questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

Interview

I was hired via th carrer fair help in my university. Then i was short listed for the beahvioural interview. After two weeks of that I was short listed for technical interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Interview

First interview was a behavioral interview . takes around 30 min and questions are not difficult only situational questions. Second was technical interview for 1 hour . Interviewed by 3 people on phone. Questions were difficult relating to classes attended as well as projects

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First an on campus interview, it was simple behavioral based interview not more than 30 mins. Will look at experiences, research and GPA more than anything else. Then if selected there is a functional interview over the phone. They asked pretty solid technical questions from thermodynamics and gives you problems to solve there and then. Revising before hand helps. And will ask you to interpret a concept by giving you a situation and example. Only bad thing about the process is they are very late in replying back, we have to catch up atleast twice to get to know whats going on.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Duty cycle, which I had no idea about. Asks about engine cycles etc. They will brutally kill you if you dont know your stuff. I thought it was hard but I also though I wouldnt get in at all with the average answers I gave. But I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation , they offered a good intern position and a competitive salary. But very late in offering and gives very less time to answer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí (Mexico)) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was really fast. It took around a week, during which I had three interviews: Recruiter, HR, Hiring Manager. The recruiter was the main contact person and she was always quick at answering questions and giving more information if needed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Campus recruitment. One in person and one phone interview. Met their representative on campus and appeared for an in-person interview the next day. Had a telephonic interview one month after that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions related to experience. How I have handled a difficult situation or situations in which I faced resistance.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Quick and all behavioral, the interviewer was very nice and funny. Met them at a career fair but got the interview beforehand because of an online application and they contacted me 3 days after

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Was interviewed by three employers. They asked mostly about behavioral questions. They also stress the importance of asking questions back. Basically it was a 15 mins of them asking me questions and 15 of me asking questions to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to do an unpopular decision and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cummins (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

There were two interview phases. Phone interview and another interview during a career fair. The interview questions consisted of mostly behavioural questions and they were relatively easy questions that centered around past experiences.