Cummins Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a one on one interview after applying through my university's career services. The first interview was a 40 minute one on one interview on campus. About a month and a half later, I received a call to schedule an hour long phone interview. Three weeks after the phone interview, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• First interview asked typical behavioral questions. (disagreement with others, overcoming a challenge, etc). Phone interview as neither behavioral or technical. They ask you questions about past projects and ask many follow up questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

Interview

I was hired via th carrer fair help in my university. Then i was short listed for the beahvioural interview. After two weeks of that I was short listed for technical interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Interview

First interview was a behavioral interview . takes around 30 min and questions are not difficult only situational questions. Second was technical interview for 1 hour . Interviewed by 3 people on phone. Questions were difficult relating to classes attended as well as projects

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First an on campus interview, it was simple behavioral based interview not more than 30 mins. Will look at experiences, research and GPA more than anything else. Then if selected there is a functional interview over the phone. They asked pretty solid technical questions from thermodynamics and gives you problems to solve there and then. Revising before hand helps. And will ask you to interpret a concept by giving you a situation and example. Only bad thing about the process is they are very late in replying back, we have to catch up atleast twice to get to know whats going on.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Duty cycle, which I had no idea about. Asks about engine cycles etc. They will brutally kill you if you dont know your stuff. I thought it was hard but I also though I wouldnt get in at all with the average answers I gave. But I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation , they offered a good intern position and a competitive salary. But very late in offering and gives very less time to answer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a company engineer. Very easy going. Was asked about simple engineering questions and what if scenarios related to design applications. Had a hr phone screen after initial interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was in Darlington, Icebreaking group exercise about prioritizing tasks and LEGO building exercise. Followed by 1:1 interviews, lunch and production tour. Process took almost whole day. Overall place is lovely and seems like the company I wanted to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Pune (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 1 hour with the HR and Technical round. HR questions were general behavioral while technical questions were related to metallurgy and mechanical background. They asked whether the research projects were successful and how I can contribute to their salvaging plants. They also asked about extra-curricular activities and achievements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

called for an interview after applying online. Some basic HR questions asked. Why cummins? what makes you tick? How have you managed conflicts previously? Give an example of your teamwork. Which area are you interested in?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick... Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick...

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions... tell me about a time you had a problem? Why you want to work at cummins? T   Answer Question