Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naberezhnyy, Tatarstan (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Naberezhnyy, Tatarstan (Russia)) in May 2013.

Interview

over stressed interview with non ethical questions and ineptness grins over the previous job experience, lack of knowledge in the required field position, but at the same time tried to show that they were aware of the processes in this field

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was the expected 2 on 1 format that you read about here on glassdoor. After about five minutes into the interview I knew that Cummins wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why Cummins, weaknesses and how you overcome those weaknesses (wanted STAR responses), how are you creative, specific examples of diversity in your career at IU, how I manage risk in my life, opportunities I'm looking for, what part of Cummins do I see myself working in.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Quite challenging, consisted of 3 rounds
    1 - Behavioral: Basically triggering your thoughts about people management and diplomacy that you maintain in a corporate paradigm.

2. Technical: Questions about basics of Mechanical engineering and test concepts.

3. Software and previous experience : The last was to understand software capabilities and depth in specific fields.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Cross Functional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Have to pass the basic assessment test in order to get an interview. Make sure you know your basic science and physics questions. If you don't pass the test, they will not tell you why you failed. The test takes over an hour to do.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview

networked at campus career fair and got called by them. Then scheduled an interview over email. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, polite and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What are your key weaknesses?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Cv shortlist follwed by two rounds of interviews.
    1st was technical round foucing on background and project ON SKYPE. Next came the HR round which was a telephonic interview lasting around half an hour. The questions touched nearly all aspects so overall preparations recommended.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Had an initial phone screening with HR. After the initial interview, HR emailed me back to set-up the next interview with one of the talent scouts within the company. I met them in person and after the interview they told me they were going to tell HR to give me the "go-ahead" on a formal offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions can be difficult because they want a specific example: Tell me a time when you....   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cummins (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruiter shortlisted my profile and called me over phone in order to understand my experience. He then forwarded my Resume to company and after a week I received a call from recruiter for appearing Face to Face round in Gurgaon . I visited on Saturday where diffrent experience candidates were available for different position. I got my number in 30 mins and it was 2 round interview technically and one last was HR round.

Interview Questions

• NPD cycle and explain one completed project   1 Answer
    • Do you know GD&T? What is bonus tolerance?   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rajkot, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Rajkot, Gujarat (India)).

Interview

befor 1 year ago i working in sudhir sales cummins authoried delar i m HHP train service engg at jaipur URSS Rajeshtan in 2014
    i want to work in cummins in out of cuntry not in india. i leave job bcz salary was not given more than 9500 rupis i have a family so not inef for that so i leave the job thabks