Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was the expected 2 on 1 format that you read about here on glassdoor. After about five minutes into the interview I knew that Cummins wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why Cummins, weaknesses and how you overcome those weaknesses (wanted STAR responses), how are you creative, specific examples of diversity in your career at IU, how I manage risk in my life, opportunities I'm looking for, what part of Cummins do I see myself working in.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Quite challenging, consisted of 3 rounds
    1 - Behavioral: Basically triggering your thoughts about people management and diplomacy that you maintain in a corporate paradigm.

2. Technical: Questions about basics of Mechanical engineering and test concepts.

3. Software and previous experience : The last was to understand software capabilities and depth in specific fields.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Cross Functional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Have to pass the basic assessment test in order to get an interview. Make sure you know your basic science and physics questions. If you don't pass the test, they will not tell you why you failed. The test takes over an hour to do.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview

networked at campus career fair and got called by them. Then scheduled an interview over email. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, polite and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What are your key weaknesses?   1 Answer

CPE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

4 hours interview process covering lots of thermal fluids questions, previous work experience, and behavioral interview. Met with all of the team members, and as a group, they all evaluated my performance. It all went well, but I lacked the experience they were looking for because they wanted someone who had already held a similar position to apply for the role.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used GT Power application, and to what extent are you familiar with it?   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Company's recruitment system at Purdue University. I was contacted for a first round interview, after which I went on to another round of case interview with a different recruiter

Interview Questions

• I was presented with two cases in both rounds of interview to solve   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

A 2 part interview process consisting of a phone interview followed by a face to face interview that were 20 days apart. Different interviewers for each part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in November 2015.

Interview

Huge gap between first and second interview
    First round was behavioral difficult situation questions like rift with a team member, leadership innovation
    After 3 to 4 weeks after mailing them many times got the second round
    Difficult technical questions not related to my old experience

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Structured with 2 on 1. The interviewer seemed in a rush. One person interviewed while second person took notes. Questions were very structured and past behavioural. There were interlinked probing questions for each question. Overall three questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you were bale to produce results.   Answer Question