Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

CPE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

4 hours interview process covering lots of thermal fluids questions, previous work experience, and behavioral interview. Met with all of the team members, and as a group, they all evaluated my performance. It all went well, but I lacked the experience they were looking for because they wanted someone who had already held a similar position to apply for the role.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used GT Power application, and to what extent are you familiar with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

A 2 part interview process consisting of a phone interview followed by a face to face interview that were 20 days apart. Different interviewers for each part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Engineering and Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI).

Interview

Met representatives during career fair
    During Info session offered Interview
    Basic Questions
    Got reject mail after forty five days
    My responses were recorded in a file
    First round is completely HR and not technical
    Interviewer was friendly and supportive

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions from Resume
      Tell me a time when you had taken the extra mile to achieve your goal/target
      Answer Question

Entry Level Integrated Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

2 interviews: Behaviour and Functional
    No technical questions asked in both the interviews.
    Both the interviews were conducted on phone and the interview process was very easy to cope with as they were wrap it up before holidays

Interview Questions

• Why Planner?
      Describe a time when you had to present your opinion to your manager
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Typical job interview. They ask you about your major, college, personal and family life. Not a hard interview. you do not need to be super prepared. just know the basic interview stuff and you will be good. m n n

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick... Was scheduled a 30 min phone interview with and HR representative, applied thru their website 2 weeks in advance... the process was quick...

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions... tell me about a time you had a problem? Why you want to work at cummins? T   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The hiring process began at a college career fair and I talked to some recruiters at the booth and at the end of a short conversation I was offered a next day interview. It was a half hour behavioral interview and two weeks later I was called and asked to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week for an hour. This interview was still behavioral, but was rooted largely in company values and a few situational based questions that relate to a Product Validation Engineer Co-Op.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What would be some key differences in the design and the applications for highway vs. non-highway diesel engines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter included approximate pay and location of office.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It was an On-Campus Interview, which was mostly behavioural or about my resume. A lot of the questions revolved around strengths and weaknesses, instances where I had to prioritise, or when I had to choose between conflicting decisions. The interviewer was extremely friendly and I enjoyed talking to him. I think they were mostly testing if I was easy to work with and if my experiences matched the values of the company.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, Prioritising, Situational questions, Resume-related.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

It is hard to tell what's going on in their mind. Very simple behavior assessing questions. They will just try to see how much of a fit you are to their work culture.