Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

Applied Mechanics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview, but the questions are situation based, they want to see our thought process in different scenarios. They would like to see how well you performed in a team and showed leadership, through situation based questions and they expect you to answer every question with a real-life example

Interview Questions

• How did you decide upon your career and academic path?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met Cummins' recruitment team at my school's career fair. They offered me an interview the next day for the following day. The let me know I hadn't been selected one week later.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to be an engineer?   Answer Question
    • What is an engineering subject you had a hard time understanding but understand now?   Answer Question
    • Is there a time something didn't go as planned? What did you do? (step by step)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Houghton, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview at the career fair. I interviewed for 2 consecutive years with cummins and I got the same treatment both the times.
    The standard practice at Cummins is that while one company representative questions a candidate, another company representative will record the answers in a laptop and pass it on to the HR department.
    Even though I felt I did great in both my interviews in 2016 and 2017 with so many experiences to share from my 3 years of prior work experience, I have still not received any reply from cummins HR department after over 13 months since the first interview and 1 months since the second interview.
    It is crazy how the HR people don't get back to you with a YES, NO or even a PLEASE WAIT. I just feel disrespected and neglected by this behavior of theirs.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Erie, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was in person the day after Campus Career Fair. The interview was on campus with one employee who was an engineering supervisor who was also an alum of the school.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to break bad news to somebody and the results of that   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had to come up with a creative solution   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and received a call from HR after a week. HR confirmed proceeding to next step and said would be emailing the interview schedule with Hiring manager. It has been over 2 months now.

Left me in Cold with no information about the status. It is the atleast courtesy to send an email to notify the candidate if you would not like to proceed forward after you have spoken to them for good 1 Hr.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job portal. Interviewed on campus. One hour long behavioral interview. Very standard questions about team projects and etc. While easy, the interviewer was very disinterested unengaging. Just typed notes on his computer the whole time

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2017.

Interview

Interview call on the basis of resume review. A 45 min interview with a panel of 2 people, one of whom was taking notes of the answers given to particular questions. Overall a standard process and questions.

Interview Questions

• What were certain challenges you faced while working with the previous organization ?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses ?   Answer Question
    • What has been your exposure to diverse culture and how comfortable are you working with diversity ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview process at Cummins is quite smooth. I had 2 interview rounds, HR & technical. The first round was HR, which involved behavioural questions. It went on for a good 20-30 minutes. The second round was technical, which went on for around 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There is a truck on a highway and a car in a city which has to apply brakes quite often at the signals. Which one of the two is likely to fail early ? Why?   1 Answer
    • Diff. between form & function?   Answer Question
    • A few questions from the resume.   Answer Question
    • What is casting, molding & draft?   Answer Question
    • A few questions related to pump design.   Answer Question

Applied Mechanics Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview required detailed answers. I was specifically interviewed by an engineer, which required clear explanations. It was difficult since my position got messed up, and was required to do answer as written on paper.

Interview Questions

• Explain this project, and how it relates to your desired role.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Rocky Mount, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

There are 4 or five members on each interview. They ask a variety of questions to gauge how thinking and experience line up with the job.
    They are looking for you personality as well. If a question catches you off guard avoid saying I don't know. Just think about the question and breathe.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation at work   1 Answer