Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had a 30-minute behavioral phone interview for a summer internship. The interview went pretty well. I got a reject 3 months later due to non-availability of my preferred position.

Entry Level Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cummins in April 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter a career fair, had an interview where I was told that I was recommended for a functional interview before getting a rejection email a few days later.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Initial interview was with hiring manager and second interview was with Director of Finance and later informal conversation with team members. It was a typical behavioral interview you can information about online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you delivered the wrong message; what was the impact and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

A phone interview from a HR/Engineer personnel, where he asked me about my basic skill set, the things I knew about Cummins, leadership experience and exposure. We also discussed about possible roles where I as a candidate would fit into.

Interview Questions

• What role do you think you would fit into if given an internship?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone screen, in person. The in person portion was onsite and included various direct reports and members of senior management. Got an offer that was comically low for the level of expertise they needed. I attempted negotiating the salary but got nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions, strength/weaknesses, tell us about a time you faced this challenge   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After talking with a recruiter at a college engineering job fair, I was invited to do a next-day interview. The interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral question (maybe 10 behavioral questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions). One of the two interviewers was not an engineer, which made the interview awkward because she had no idea what I was talking about when I discussed technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

2 round interview.. get interview chance from career fair, the first one is very general and second one is technical related to what you want to do. people are very nice and respectful

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very straightforward process. Interviewers are quite professional. They made me feel comfortable while speaking with them, says a lot about the culture in the firm. It was a fairly easy process.

Benefit Eligibility Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. The Interviewer make the process very comfortable and not intimidating. The interviewer was very easy to talk with and made you feel like you were talking to your best friend. He almost make it sound like I already had the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter saying he was interested in talking to me. Two days later I was scheduled for a phone interview. This phone interview was a behavioral interview and a functional interview would be followed up

Interview Questions

• What do you say is your best quality? What is your worst quality? Tell us a time you worked in a team and did things differently? Why are you interested in working for cummins?   Answer Question