Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met Cummins' recruitment team at my school's career fair. They offered me an interview the next day for the following day. The let me know I hadn't been selected one week later.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to be an engineer?   Answer Question
    • What is an engineering subject you had a hard time understanding but understand now?   Answer Question
    • Is there a time something didn't go as planned? What did you do? (step by step)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Houghton, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview at the career fair. I interviewed for 2 consecutive years with cummins and I got the same treatment both the times.
    The standard practice at Cummins is that while one company representative questions a candidate, another company representative will record the answers in a laptop and pass it on to the HR department.
    Even though I felt I did great in both my interviews in 2016 and 2017 with so many experiences to share from my 3 years of prior work experience, I have still not received any reply from cummins HR department after over 13 months since the first interview and 1 months since the second interview.
    It is crazy how the HR people don't get back to you with a YES, NO or even a PLEASE WAIT. I just feel disrespected and neglected by this behavior of theirs.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Erie, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was in person the day after Campus Career Fair. The interview was on campus with one employee who was an engineering supervisor who was also an alum of the school.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to break bad news to somebody and the results of that   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had to come up with a creative solution   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and received a call from HR after a week. HR confirmed proceeding to next step and said would be emailing the interview schedule with Hiring manager. It has been over 2 months now.

Left me in Cold with no information about the status. It is the atleast courtesy to send an email to notify the candidate if you would not like to proceed forward after you have spoken to them for good 1 Hr.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job portal. Interviewed on campus. One hour long behavioral interview. Very standard questions about team projects and etc. While easy, the interviewer was very disinterested unengaging. Just typed notes on his computer the whole time

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2017.

Interview

Interview call on the basis of resume review. A 45 min interview with a panel of 2 people, one of whom was taking notes of the answers given to particular questions. Overall a standard process and questions.

Interview Questions

• What were certain challenges you faced while working with the previous organization ?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses ?   Answer Question
    • What has been your exposure to diverse culture and how comfortable are you working with diversity ?   Answer Question

Engineering and Integrated Supply Chain Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was calm. The interviewers were very friendly and open to questions. I started of by running through my resume. They asked questions to clarify certain experiences on my resume. At the end of the interview they asked if I had questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when there was someone on your team that wasn' t pulling his weight. How did you respond to that ?   Answer Question
    • How would you present technical material to a given audience ? What steps would you take ?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2017.

Interview

I met them at a career fair, was invited to an on-campus behavioral interview, was told to expect an answer in around a month, and haven't heard anything from them. I was not given a point of contact. Overall a very messy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with someone from a different culture, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an interview from Fall career fair. Interview itself was not difficult, behavioral. Thought I did well but never heard back. I think the second round interview is more technical.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation in which you failed, and then changed your plan and tried again."   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

They contacted me after my schools job fair and gave me an onsite interview. The process took two days. It was a basic behavioral interview with some questions about how I handle diversity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed or let someone down. How did you come back from this?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that someone's diverse background has proven to be useful in a group project.   Answer Question