Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The hiring process began at a college career fair and I talked to some recruiters at the booth and at the end of a short conversation I was offered a next day interview. It was a half hour behavioral interview and two weeks later I was called and asked to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week for an hour. This interview was still behavioral, but was rooted largely in company values and a few situational based questions that relate to a Product Validation Engineer Co-Op.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins? What would be some key differences in the design and the applications for highway vs. non-highway diesel engines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter included approximate pay and location of office.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It was an On-Campus Interview, which was mostly behavioural or about my resume. A lot of the questions revolved around strengths and weaknesses, instances where I had to prioritise, or when I had to choose between conflicting decisions. The interviewer was extremely friendly and I enjoyed talking to him. I think they were mostly testing if I was easy to work with and if my experiences matched the values of the company.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, Prioritising, Situational questions, Resume-related.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

It is hard to tell what's going on in their mind. Very simple behavior assessing questions. They will just try to see how much of a fit you are to their work culture.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for student internship position through in-person recruiters and online application, completed an in-person, one on one behavioral interview shortly after on-campus career fair. This was followed by a behavioral interview over the phone six weeks later. Both interviews were low-pressure and asked me a general set of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why would you like to work for Cummins?"
      "Describe a time when you had to work with a team to accomplish a task."
      "Describe an instance when you had an initial plan, but then had to reorganize your approach to accomplish the task."
      1 Answer

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus in the company's booth. The interview was held on campus as well. I got an email the next day and the interview was scheduled for a week later. Behavioral questions were asked. There was only one person in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you developed a relationship with your manager.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done at the Society of Hispanics Professional Engineers National Conference. I had to speak to two people screening potential candidates, if you made it pass those two people you would receive a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions, "Tell me a time when you did not meet a deadline, why it happened and what could you have done differently?"   Answer Question

IT Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with a senior level manager for about thirty minutes. They got back to me later that day informing me that they were going to extend me an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone that didn't like you or get along with you.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

30 minutes on campus and 30 minute phone interview
    there was a pre night before my interview and I got to interact with the professionals who interviewed me
    very warm and friendly people, great interview was very conversational

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview was the expected 2 on 1 format that you read about here on glassdoor. After about five minutes into the interview I knew that Cummins wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why Cummins, weaknesses and how you overcome those weaknesses (wanted STAR responses), how are you creative, specific examples of diversity in your career at IU, how I manage risk in my life, opportunities I'm looking for, what part of Cummins do I see myself working in.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There is pre select process in my university before the official career fair. Around 2 weeks after the career fair, they contact me for on campus interview. (I couldn't make it, thus reschedule to a phone interview).