Cummins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Company's recruitment system at Purdue University. I was contacted for a first round interview, after which I went on to another round of case interview with a different recruiter

Interview Questions

• I was presented with two cases in both rounds of interview to solve   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the experience was great. It was like a friendly communication of ideas. Questions were not difficult, and most were behavioral questions. Followed-up questions were asked almost after every answer. It was great to know more about Cummins's culture during the interview. It was a really awesome company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge of HRIS currently?   Answer Question

Advisor/Customer Service Representative Opening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call about a week after I submitted my application and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. After the phone interview went on a face to face interview with 3 managers at the location. Got a call 2 weeks later from HR telling me I was hired, past background check, drug test and received offer letter. Declined offer since you basically pay for all health benefits with your salary, which is a set- weekly salary, so no OT is paid and they expect that you work more the 40 hours and go in on your days off. Also NY location has less vacation time, less holidays off, personal and sick days and bereaving time. I was gonna take home about less then half my check every pay period after I did all the math. No worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Cummins ?   Answer Question
    • What would you bring to the company?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle lazy co-workers and would you report them ?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cummins (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a pop-up interview that I received from networking at a career fair. Most of the questions I was asked were behavioral in nature (like the cookie-cutter behavioral interview questions), but the interviewer asked one technical question. I didn't know the answer, but I tried my best to answer it and although my answer was incorrect, she appreciated the effort on my part.

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

first is the behavior questions . after one month, it is technical questions . both are phone call interviews. HR will ask a few standard behavior questions like introduction, your weakness, your strength.

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Interview

First interview is mainly behavior and why you want to work at the company. There is a second stage interview if you move on. Pretty painless interview overall. Be confident.

Functional Excellence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one face to face interview. The team asked about my background and asked for examples from my past experience. The interviewers were people on the team.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The first interview was over phone. It was a very standard behavior interview. The original scheduled time duration is only 20 minutes, but we talked for about one hour. He basically asked me questions, and I answered them, then he need to type in key issues in his computer (I believe it’s for others to review).

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked basic behavior questions. Tell me a conflict that you met? How did you solve it? What's the result? Introduce yourself   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

1st interview on campus - All situational/behavioral questions
    2nd interview - Telephonic (after 2 months) - Functional/technical questions based on supply chain
    Easy interviews overall. A very long and slow process though

Interview Questions

• Functional/technical questions - supply chain (all based on resume/prior experiences   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

45 minute interview. Behavior and functional combined interview. 1:1 interview. I talked to the recruiter on the campus career fair and within one week I got the email to set up the on-campus interview. They went through your resume and asked you behavior questions. There is only one round interview this year so the recruiter also asked some functional questions. She told me that the result would be released three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume.
      Tell me a time you have a difficulty.
      Tell me a time you convince others.
      Tell me a time you are convinced by others.
      Answer Question