Cummins Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions in Madison, WI

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Got a behavioral interview on campus a few days later and got recommended to the next stage. This was followed by a technical/functional interview on phone after around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relating to your research work/project/prior work experience. They want to see how you've handled situations in the past.   Answer Question

Engineering and Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI).

Interview

Met representatives during career fair
    During Info session offered Interview
    Basic Questions
    Got reject mail after forty five days
    My responses were recorded in a file
    First round is completely HR and not technical
    Interviewer was friendly and supportive

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions from Resume
      Tell me a time when you had taken the extra mile to achieve your goal/target   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was over phone. There were about 8 questions, all are really straightforward and fair. Really just a behavior interview. I just got the functional interview. Hope to get a offer finally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when I manage to balance something.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

emailed recruiter, schedule a phone interview three days later. Then another phone interview after a week. The first one is behavior interview and the second one is functional interview. what is the first law of thermal dynamics. how to validate your experimental data.

For Filtration Facility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, asked about the experiences in the resume. They try to see if you are a good problem solver and if you like to work in a team. Be prepared to answer detailed questions about your resume and also what you got out of those experiences in a big picture.

Interview Questions

• They asked about one tiny detail on my research project I did 3 years ago, and I got stumped.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral type questions in the first round. Not much technical. Followed by a phone interview in the second round. They mostly asked about interests so that they can fit you in a right position.

Interview Questions

• Examples of teamwork, conflict resolution, creativity etc.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Initially submitted my resume during job fair.
    got a call for interview the next day. Interview went well but 3 weeks later got a reject from them

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you were faced with and how did you cope up with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a sitution where you showed your leadership skills   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in November 2009.

Interview

At the time(2009) the business had the purse strings fairly tight, so I had a series of about 2 phone interviews. The first was a one on one with an engineer who was an alumni at my university. After about 2 months, I had another with my future manager and the leader of the division. After that some price negotiation was done. Whole process lasted ~3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• I remember questions being fairly standard, nothing too out of left field.   Answer Question