Cummins Mechanical Design Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Mechanical Design Engineering Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was completely mismanaged. The first round was pretty basic HR questions 1) Tell me abt urself 2) tell me about a time u had a conflict with fellow worker etc. The next round of the interview process took place 3 months after the 1st round, which I fail to fathom ..why. This was the technical round where I was asked some serious tech questions. I was expecting the interview to be based on my experience but, it was all predefined tech questions .

Interview Questions

• Diff b/w form and Function
    Principle of Green house
    2 Trucks, one runs on interstate day in and out and another runs in city with lots of start stop, which one is likely to have more and early wear
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the internship online in September. I received contact via e-mail about three weeks later to set up a phone interview regarding behavioral questions. After passing the 1st phone interview, I received a second e-mail to setup a 2nd phone interview regarding technical questions and resume overview. In the first interview I did great but in the second interview I did not do very well.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty much standard questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship so I received an e-mail stating my monthly pay.

Mechanical Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

I emailed the Design Lead directly as someone I knew just finished a coop there. He liked my resume so he setup a technical interview. Usually there are two interviews: HR and technical but I skipped the first one. He took a long time to ask me for an interview after I sent him an email but I emailed him way before they were thinking about hiring for when I wanted to work. He asked me some questions about my resume and my previous work experience as well as some specific technical questions I'll talk about later. He seemed very laid-back but also very knowledgeable as well. I asked him a very difficult question at the end of my interview and he recovered very well and answered my question to my satisfaction. The nice people at Cummins understand coops very well and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions

• Name the two proper uses for a washer.   1 Answer
    • If you were a fireman and needed to increase the flow of your hose, how would you do it without getting a new pump?   1 Answer
    • Explain the difference between form, fit, and function. Give an example of something that has all three and explain each part.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting and ending date. Cummins does not negotiate salary but they do still pay very well.