Cummins Mechanical Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Mechanical Development Engineer Interview Questions

Mechanical Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy application process as I had applied through the university recruitment website and was called for an on campus interview within two weeks.
The first round was a behavioral interview with two interviewers, who asked 4 basic behavioral questions and then opened the floor for questions from me.
They were very cordial and made me feel very comfortable during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to incorporate a new technology in your daily activities? How did you do it?   Answer Question
  • Have you taken the first initiative in any situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Mechanical Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews, but they were well carried out. One with HR and one with engineering hiring manager. The HR interview was typical. The engineering interview was well done with interesting questions and good explanations of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

I handed in my resume during a campus career fair and was asked to interview several weeks later. Shortly after, I was offered a job, however little information was given on the role I was accepting and there was no opportunity to negotiate terms. It seemed that the hiring process was a little hasty and very little communication took place between my interview and my arrival for my first day of work.

Interview Questions

• What engineering standards have you used and how did you employ them to achieve a succesful project outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the University Career Fair and was called later that night for a 1 on 1 interview the next morning with a manager. Typical behavioral questions were asked before we moved on to more in depth questions regarding the job and my background. We spoke about what the position would entail and whether or not it would suit me, and also went into great detail on my past experiences. They seem to look for people with interest in their industry by the candidate's hobbies, etc. Following the 1 on 1, I was called 3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, I was extended a verbal offer and received the official offer via email 2 weeks later. Everyone I had spoken to throughout the interviewing process were extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary, bonus, and benefits are non-negotiable, but starting date is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked some generic questions about my engineering background experience followed by some more difficult specific questions about failure analysis.

Mechanical Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2010.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. The first interview was a behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The second interview was a 1:1 with my hiring manager. He asked more questions about the job and my experience. The final interview was more or less Cummins selling themselves to me.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. From what I've heard, there is strictly no negotiating for entry level positions. Don't let that keep you from trying, however.