Cummins Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Cummins Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cummins

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through their official website. Got an email from one of their HRs for a first round of interview. It was straightforward and she only asked me 5 simple behavioral questions. The entire process of getting a job at Cummins through their official website takes about 1 months with 2 interviews, one with HR, one with hiring manager. Only after you pass the first round with the HR would you get invited to speak with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cummins? Tell me a time when you miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Wonderful treatment by everyone I came in contact with through the entirety of the process. I met with a recruiter at the HEENAC conference. About two days later I received a phone call to set up a behavioral interview. Once I passed that stage they set up another phone interview (this time technical). Each interview took about 45 minutes. Average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, a time you failed, what motivates you, etc)   Answer Question
    • They asked me simple technical questions to see how I managed them. (i.e. if you have two engines and one is running at full load all day and the other is ramping up and down but only working 4 hours a day which one will fail first?)

They just want to see your reasoning and thought process imo   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview; applied in both school and company websites, and receive the interview on campus for behavior questions.
    -Give example of one mistake you made and how you deal with it?
    Forget the other two. At last, ask for personal intention to which role as mechanical engineer. (Guess will forward the information to specific department to see if they have vacancy).

Interview Questions

• First interview in life, so didn't know behaviors interview style before.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews were being held at my university so I requested an interview and scheduled a face-to-face with the recruiter. Sat down through behavioral interview and scheduled a time to do a technical interview over the phone. Received an offer a couple weeks later. I was looking for a different type of position so they sent me another offer that I accepted. Was sent information regarding background check and drug test before employment.

Interview Questions

• 2 or 3 basic engineering questions...if you're a firefighter putting out a fire with a hose connected from a hydrant to a pump on the truck to the hose end spraying the fire, how can you get the most water spraying on the fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, internship

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Apply through a HR. Got an phone behavior interview one week later. Very basic behavior questions, took about half an hour. After another two weeks, got an email scheduling phone technical interview. This interview is one hour.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview process is easy and clear. I attended the campus career fair and talked to the professionals from Cummins then I received a first round interview on campus. Finally, I got to go to the site and had a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process begins with a HR interview. This is followed by a Technical Interview for about an hour after 4 weeks. Next step is a decision on an offer or a on-site interview. I am waiting to hear about this. Process is easy. My interviewer for the second one seemed pressed for time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

First one was campus interview. Passed that then phone interview twice then not hired. It is not easy to placed in cummins. I was so close but i dont know ehy they did not hire me. They fid not tell me the reason also.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through my university. First interview with as a sitdown 45 minute interview with a head engineer and then the second was a hour long technical interview over the phone. The whole process took about 2 months to complete. After the first interview, I knew that Cummins wasn't the place for me, but I decided I wanted to see the process through to the end. It was a good experience , but I was very happy to accept an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins?
      What do you know about Cummins?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

emailed recruiter, schedule a phone interview three days later. Then another phone interview after a week. The first one is behavior interview and the second one is functional interview. what is the first law of thermal dynamics. how to validate your experimental data.