Cummins Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and the interviewer seemed nice, I got my interview rescheduled as the interviewer was on a leave. The interview was conducted the next day and I was asked some general behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. Received a phone interview request one week later. The interview was 30 minutes. Asked general behavior questions based on the resume. It was a little awkward since he was typing as I was answering the questions so he didn't pay as much attention to my answers. Followed with basic introduction to their fuel system department. Also need to submit profile on their online system.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Have you failed your co-workers expectation and what did you learn from it?
      Have you worked with someone you dislike?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I'm an international graduate student. This is my first month at the United States and my first time to a career fair. The interviewer was so nice and patient. He repeated his questions for several times to help me understand him because my English was not very good. A beautiful girl who was also international sat beside the senior man and record my answers. The interview went smoothly and I got the chance of phone interview. I think they care a lot about what you have done. If you have some direct experience on engine design. You probably will get into the next round.

Interview Questions

• Seven questions:
      why cummins
      what make you stand out
      how to deal with complex systems
      when you fail one time, how to deal the second time (give example)
      give an example of not data-driven decision
      when get ambitious instruction, how do you react
      when you don’t get much support, how to persuade others.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Las Cruces, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Met with recruiters at campus event =>> was asked to do an interview. First Interview was behavioral, they asked me a lot of questions about cultural diversity, handling issues in the workplace, problems solving, ability to work with teams, pros and cons of working with teams. They called me about a month after the career fair to follow up with me about a functional interview. Hopefully I'll be having that functional interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used cultural experience from a culturally diverse team member to solve a problem. Describe aspects of working with culturally diverse team members.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through my university. First interview with as a sitdown 45 minute interview with a head engineer and then the second was a hour long technical interview over the phone. The whole process took about 2 months to complete. After the first interview, I knew that Cummins wasn't the place for me, but I decided I wanted to see the process through to the end. It was a good experience , but I was very happy to accept an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why Cummins?
      What do you know about Cummins?
      1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process begins with a HR interview. This is followed by a Technical Interview for about an hour after 4 weeks. Next step is a decision on an offer or a on-site interview. I am waiting to hear about this. Process is easy. My interviewer for the second one seemed pressed for time.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview process is easy and clear. I attended the campus career fair and talked to the professionals from Cummins then I received a first round interview on campus. Finally, I got to go to the site and had a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Apply through a HR. Got an phone behavior interview one week later. Very basic behavior questions, took about half an hour. After another two weeks, got an email scheduling phone technical interview. This interview is one hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

emailed recruiter, schedule a phone interview three days later. Then another phone interview after a week. The first one is behavior interview and the second one is functional interview. what is the first law of thermal dynamics. how to validate your experimental data.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the university career website, got an interview on campus with a engineer for about 30 minutes. Including some casual talks and visa questions along with resume questions. Friendly staff but tricky questions, he also talked a lot about the intern positions and duties, etc. Asked questions about my resumes, and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do absorb a creative idea and how you implement it?   Answer Question