Cummins Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.9

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through campus and got an interview two weeks after the job fair. Interview was behavioral and not too technical. Receive another interview a week later over the phone. The second interview was more technical. Got an offer a week after the second interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. One engineer and one HR conducts it. Go through my resume and asked some behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

College interview for an internship position. They asked me a couple questions. They are all behavior question about the behavior. They also asked me about the most creative idea I've ever come up. They also ask me if I have conflict with teammate when doing the teamwork.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the university career website, got an interview on campus with a engineer for about 30 minutes. Including some casual talks and visa questions along with resume questions. Friendly staff but tricky questions, he also talked a lot about the intern positions and duties, etc. Asked questions about my resumes, and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do absorb a creative idea and how you implement it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR as the first step. Then followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Later on I was called for an on-site interview where I went through 4 series of face to face interviews with the future team members, hiring manager and HR. Result was communicated within 2 weeks of the interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews over the course of two weeks. The first was with HR and was typical behavioral questions. I then was given a phone interview with an engineer in Columbus, IN. He asked more technical questions and was interested to know what about engineering gets me excited.

Interview Questions

• Explain something technical you have worked on or were impressed with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Las Cruces, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Met with recruiters at campus event =>> was asked to do an interview. First Interview was behavioral, they asked me a lot of questions about cultural diversity, handling issues in the workplace, problems solving, ability to work with teams, pros and cons of working with teams. They called me about a month after the career fair to follow up with me about a functional interview. Hopefully I'll be having that functional interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used cultural experience from a culturally diverse team member to solve a problem. Describe aspects of working with culturally diverse team members.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. Received a phone interview request one week later. The interview was 30 minutes. Asked general behavior questions based on the resume. It was a little awkward since he was typing as I was answering the questions so he didn't pay as much attention to my answers. Followed with basic introduction to their fuel system department. Also need to submit profile on their online system.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Have you failed your co-workers expectation and what did you learn from it?
      Have you worked with someone you dislike?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

emailed recruiter, schedule a phone interview three days later. Then another phone interview after a week. The first one is behavior interview and the second one is functional interview. what is the first law of thermal dynamics. how to validate your experimental data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

First one was campus interview. Passed that then phone interview twice then not hired. It is not easy to placed in cummins. I was so close but i dont know ehy they did not hire me. They fid not tell me the reason also.