Cummins Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cummins Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I received an email about setting up an initial behavioral interview. I was interviewed the next week and was eventually emailed about another phone call, but for more of a company sales pitch rather than another interview. After telling them which department I would be interested in, I received an offer for employment about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is one class that might be bringing down your gpa and why?
    Tell me a time you had to present in front of a group.
    Tell me a time you had to make a decision for a group.
    Tell me a time you had to correct someone.
    Tell me a time where you had to design something.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2014.

Interview

Applied in October through the online portal. Was contacted in Feb of the next year. The first round was a simple HR round with general behavioral questions. The second round was more technical. I did not apply for the position they interviewed me for and I really dont understand their policy of interviewing people for positions they have no idea about. I could not answer the questions properly and was sent the reject letter the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were typical questions related to that field and could have been answered by any professional who has decent technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview on campus for an internship/co-op. Got a call 3 weeks later for a technical interview, which asked basic questions about engines and what I would do to design a piece of an engine. About 2-3 weeks later I got a formal offer for a co-op.

Interview Questions

• Being asked how I would go about designing a piece of an engine I didn't know about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation :P

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with Cummins for a summer internship position. The interview started with typical behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, what is your strength, what is your weakness, tell me about a time that you solved a problem, tell me a bout a time that you used a new technology, etc. Then I was asked some technical questions. Pretty routine stuff about my research.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Some general questions, and some technical questions including design principles and FMEA

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview

First I was given a packet of questions to answer about myself and situations I have been in via email. I filled it in and emailed it back. A couple days later I was called and was told they liked me and I could expect a phone interview in a few days. I was called by the man who would be my manager, and he asked me questions from my resume and schooling in engineering for about a half hour. I got a job offer soon after

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, none of the questions were that hard   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just took their offer