Cummins Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

2.7

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview with the company's recruiter. Then I had a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. The recruiter set the interview up for the wrong time so the manager assume that I was late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a career with the company   1 Answer

Health & Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Tedious and long. The overall process took about 3 months. The local human resources department was very unorganized. I had a 4 step interview process at which my initial interview was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were average. I had a mixture of behavior based questions, management/leadership, and experience based questions. I was interviewed 1:1 with management and 2 group interviews.   Answer Question

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied through my school, was called to set up an in person interview.
    The interview was with two supervisors.Lasted an hour. They do a background check and afterwards they called me with a starting date.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked what if questions and a lot of background information questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

connected through career fair, applied online and get first round through OCR. most behavior questions and focused on the innovation, creativity and problem solving. basically just go through the resume. get 2nd on site interview in 1 week. 2nd round is basically 1st round*2, no tech question, all behavior as 1st one.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting. Got an on campus interview call. The questions were mainly behavioral and this was followed by a telephonic interview round with the Vice President which was again mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as it was.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Phone call. Meet some people. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't get along with an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what it was coming in.

Marketing Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

It started with an email from Cummins saying I have made it through the initial review. Then I was sent to a website to take a 15 minute personality test. The next day a person from HR called and asked me why I answered some questions the way I did. After that I was contacted the enxt day to set up for an interview. I came in from one face to face interview with 2 people. When I got hired I had to pass a drug screen. background check, and physical before I could start.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle a situation I have never been in, that they had. Just be prepared to be put on the spot.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line by submitting my resume and cover letter to the HR Generalist on a Tuesday. She responded immediately and wanted to interview me within a matter of days after reviewing my resume. About three days later (Friday), she and I scheduled an over the phone interview that lasted about 35 minutes. This was also when she asked if I could attend an in-person interview. The following Monday was the in-person interview with both the HR Generalist and HR Manager which lasted about an hour and a half where I was told to follow-up in two weeks. One month after the interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about the company?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in February 2008.

Interview

Campus recruit events first as the 1st round. After passed the 1st round, Cummins invited me to the headquarter for the 2nd round. In the 1st round, 2 interviewers ask behavioral questions and check on your background and experiences. In the 2nd round, I visited the headquarter by myself instead of joining the group session the next week because of schedule conflict. Cummins provided a short tour on the site then had me interview with Finance function leaders 1 on 1. I interviewed with 4 different director level people. One of them offered a position for me after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Corporate Finance and what are you really capable of doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary & Benefits is negotiable. I would suggest you have a bottom line in mind. If it's lower than your expectation, just tell them what you expect and provide others experience as a backup.