Cummins Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First interview was on campus with two marketing employees. The second interview was at cummins Power Generation headquarters in Minnesota. Both interviews were easy behavioral questions. I recommend coming in with a lot of questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Face-to-face with 2 recruiters on campus. They asked general behavioral based questions. 2 months later got an email and had a phone interview with supply chain director. More behavior based questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting website and got accepted to the interview. There were two people and one of them just took note. It was very conversational and the people are very nice. Good learning experiences and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me a time when you failed to do a good job on a project
      Tell me a time when you use creativity
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, the process lasted one week. The recruiter was just doing an outside job to help some of her peers with the recruiting process for the power generation business unit.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Warranty Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied on the Cummins site somewhere in September. I got an email sometime in February to set up an interview with an HR person over the phone. It was a pretty standard one, normal behavioral questions. Around two weeks or so after, I was set up for a second interview with the Hiring Manager, also over the phone. I was told to talk about myself, then she asked my two of three behavioral questions. For the rest of the interview, the Manager was telling me about the position, the branch, the team and what would I work with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that, all were average behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Quite challenging, consisted of 3 rounds
    1 - Behavioral: Basically triggering your thoughts about people management and diplomacy that you maintain in a corporate paradigm.

2. Technical: Questions about basics of Mechanical engineering and test concepts.

3. Software and previous experience : The last was to understand software capabilities and depth in specific fields.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

usually 2-3 rounds interviews, with HR, hiring manager and her peers/reports. Behavioral questions based combined with technical skill assessment.

Sales Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting but also met with the hiring manager directly. Initial phone interview was about 20 min of behavioral questions, second interview was with a hiring manager in Indiana and was more technical and related to work experience. Second interview was about 40 minutes and offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment and tell me about a less than ideal work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Requested clarification on some site specific things but there was no room to negotiate over salary or vacation for college level positions.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was made up of 2 phone interviews. The first was a screening with HR and second interview was with a marketing talent scout. Both easy interviews with very standard interview questions. The process moved along very quickly and I was offered a position within the week of my second and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about past marketing experience/projects in a work setting?   Answer Question