Cummins Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Cummins Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First interview was on campus with two marketing employees. The second interview was at cummins Power Generation headquarters in Minnesota. Both interviews were easy behavioral questions. I recommend coming in with a lot of questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Face-to-face with 2 recruiters on campus. They asked general behavioral based questions. 2 months later got an email and had a phone interview with supply chain director. More behavior based questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting website and got accepted to the interview. There were two people and one of them just took note. It was very conversational and the people are very nice. Good learning experiences and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me a time when you failed to do a good job on a project
      Tell me a time when you use creativity
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, the process lasted one week. The recruiter was just doing an outside job to help some of her peers with the recruiting process for the power generation business unit.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through their Careers page. Cummins does not recruit at my university but other interns I met said they interviewed at career fairs and on campus recruiting. I had 2 rounds of interviewing. The first was a screening and the second was more behavioral and focused on specific experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on team? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Fridley, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Complete and informative, asked typical questions about background information and interests. Seemed concerned about one staying in the position which led me to feel the position had high turnover. Company is experiencing some transitioning currently according to others.

Warranty Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied on the Cummins site somewhere in September. I got an email sometime in February to set up an interview with an HR person over the phone. It was a pretty standard one, normal behavioral questions. Around two weeks or so after, I was set up for a second interview with the Hiring Manager, also over the phone. I was told to talk about myself, then she asked my two of three behavioral questions. For the rest of the interview, the Manager was telling me about the position, the branch, the team and what would I work with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that, all were average behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

Interview

I had a total of two interviews. The second interview was the day after the first interview. I got an offer via email about a month later. I accepted the offer and started the position two weeks after I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was given a very complex series parallel circut schematic with minimal voltage, current, and resistance values in different parts of the circut. I was given a calculator and 5 minutes to come up with as many of the missing values as possible.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Quite challenging, consisted of 3 rounds
    1 - Behavioral: Basically triggering your thoughts about people management and diplomacy that you maintain in a corporate paradigm.

2. Technical: Questions about basics of Mechanical engineering and test concepts.

3. Software and previous experience : The last was to understand software capabilities and depth in specific fields.