Cummins Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Initial interview was with hiring manager and second interview was with Director of Finance and later informal conversation with team members. It was a typical behavioral interview you can information about online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you delivered the wrong message; what was the impact and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call 3 days after I applied and they made an offer for me to start the following week. The staffing agency was really good in the whole process.

Materials Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Degree preferred, Interviewer was pleasant. She worked in the HR Department. She asked behavioral questions. It was relaxing and I was offered the job by the time i made it home

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the company during a recruitment session through my schools SCM program. They began by asking to take them through my resume. Asks to explain some things on there regarding my positions and activities on campus. I received an email the following week. They stopped communication with me for a month. But someone I know who works close with them told me they were firing people and redoing the management system. Finally a recruiter from the suppl chain department called asked me to schedule interview( which I will be having later this week)

Interview Questions

• What department do you want to work in dealing with supply chain?
      Describe a time you had to: work in a group, be innovative, deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Spring 2016 Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was brought into a small room with a table and two chairs. The lady who was conducting the interview introduced herself and we did the basic small talk chit chat and then got started. It started off with softball questions just to get the interview rolling and then turned into a bunch of behavioral questions. The whole time she was typing my answers on her computer and hardly made any eye contact with me which made it a little more difficult because I couldn't really read whether I was doing well or not. But it wasn't too bad overall, just a little impersonal due to lack of eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Most all were basic behavioral questions: Describe a time when you and a team member had a disagreement and you had to convince them of your point using technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied: Received a call 3+ weeks later, done interview with a panel of 3 and a 1 on 1 with HR. I was nervous, and could of spoke more on experience. Still haven't received any feedback afterwards so I'm holding out for positive still.

Order Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, first I did a short phone interview, then came in to the office to follow up with 2 face to face interviews. The STAR format is used: Situation, Task, Action, Results. Interview Questions cover from stressful situations, when you resolved a customer problem, to accomplishments.

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Behavior interview and resume discussion in person
    3. Offer Letter

Pretty standard entry level job interview process. Cummins loves the behavior interviews that try to find what "type of person" you are based upon your past expierences and your examples of diversity.

Interview Questions

There were better offers available

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

I first applied online after I met a college recruiter at my university. Then I had one interview with a lady in HR. After that interview I had another phone interview with a manager in the department I would work in to talk more about my job skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and what were the challenges?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was set up in a short time. Luckily the Hiring HR Manager followed up when progress slowed down and he helped to advance to getting a letter to offer desired position.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Best/Most memorable Project, largest impact....
      Going through a panel of employees   Answer Question