Cumulus Media Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

3.2

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Syracuse, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a traditional who are you and this we are at Cumulus. The second is a fake presentation to a dentist. In smaller markets the process may take longer from the first interview, to second/presentation, to being hired.

Interview Questions

• They let us prep a fake presentation to a fake dentist.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cumulus Media

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I got this interview through a employee referral. I then sent in my resume online and by email. Came in for an interview and then got called back to come in for a full shadow day. Got hired 2 weeks after I initially sent in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil - just kidding. But they did want me to pitch them what I had been selling at my ld job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Met with market manager...1 interview, then hr. Easy interview with the market manager more of a conversation than interview . Must show personality and drive to be noticed.i also interviewed with a temp person. Company cant keep upper management to save its life. There is a whole new management staff there now. The interview process may be different now and more detailed. This will be a great addition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiotion went well. Expressed what i was looking for and they offered slightly below but still acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Question and Answer with a role play to sell something to the interviewers. After that they requested I come in for a "Shadowing Day" with their sales team where I had to present a sales pitch. Everything seemed great was told I should expect to hear from them about scheduling an interview with corporate. Followed up a couple times and was told they were waiting on my references to respond but that I was very much still being considered. After a few more days received an email referencing another candidate that was better qualified. Requested feedback on how to better myself for future opportunities with no response.

Interview Questions

• Which of our stations do you listen to and why? What sets our station apart?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

STAR Behavioral /Situational Interview questions which is typical; but in their interview they literally read the questions (verbatim) and type your answers as you are answering. I was told on the initial phone call that the interview process is new, as they have hired a third party HR firm and it is mandated by corporate. He told me back in "the day" he would know if he wanted to hire a candidate immediately and would start a candidate the next day. He forewarned me that my answers would be typed verbatim and each of my answers were scored. Based solely upon the test score, you either move to the next round of the interview process or not. I found it quite conflicting that after the end of the interview, the interviewer told me he would hire me RIGHT THEN if it were up to him. I asked him how he thought I did, and he said "You were spot on". Well, low and behold, I get an email the next day. "It pains me to tell you that you did not score high enough to move you through to the next round." I find it both interesting and disturbing that I don't know WHAT he was typing as my answers, and could not get a copy of my transcript of the interview either. I have worked in media for over 10 years and have a proven track record to support my success and also have great references. Hmmm…..

Interview Questions

• Typical situational experiences…."Name an instance where you had a conflict with a client and how you resolved the issue…"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. The manager asked a few questions to test knowledge of company and sales experience. Basic review of resume and skills. Was asked to come back a few days later and meet with other employees in the office.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media.

Interview

You have to know the company in and out before hand. Know about the personalities and their times and memorize them. Be ready to answer about all your past employments, when you left and have a good reasoning for leaving.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the woman personality that has a show at 6 PM?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. They gave me a figure and i signed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Little Rock, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews at the Cumulus station in Little Rock, Arkansas. One of the interviews lasted from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. They seemed extremely nice and basically told me they were going to hire me, but after the 3rd interview with a corporate guy in Atlanta I never heard back from them. The entire process took three weeks and yet they could not even call me back to tell me I did not get the job after they led me to believe that I would be hired within the coming week. I even called to check in and they would not answer. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest thing for you to overcome if you were to get this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Very unprofessional and informal interview process. Was contacted by the sales manager on LinkedIn and asked to meet for lunch. Discussed basic aspects of the job and set up a time to come in for a "real interview" one week later. The "real" interview consisted of a 5 minute personality test then 90 minutes of the sales manager trying to sell me on the job - not a single question about my skills or qualifications. Then I got an email (never spoke on the phone) to come back to so a mock sales presentation for the district manager. Did not send me any info on the situation until the night before the meeting after sending 2 emails. The same day I was asked standard interview questions then sent out on a sales call with a salesperson for an hour. I was told I would meet again with the sales manager to discuss salary information when I returned but he was out to lunch. I emailed him asking when he wanted me to return and never heard from him again. All in all, a very shady process and a huge waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Charleston, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Long interview process, mine took 3 months. Management takes their time deciding and calling back. If chosen, you will get to present a sales presentation to management and after you will have the final interview Call with corporate.