Cumulus Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cumulus Media Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media.

Interview

very laid back and met with Market Manager and explained the position. Informative but this was a new area to me so let him talk more. Didn't fully explain that the salary was only a guarantee for the first year and then the position was straight commission. Start with no existing accounts and have to hunt for everything right off the bat.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I got this interview through a employee referral. I then sent in my resume online and by email. Came in for an interview and then got called back to come in for a full shadow day. Got hired 2 weeks after I initially sent in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil - just kidding. But they did want me to pitch them what I had been selling at my ld job.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

I.q. test and verbal interview. The manager was nice. He said to call back when I finished school and I did with no reply. I think he was just bored and scheduled an interview or smething. Wasn't really that concrete.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

On-Air Personality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I submitted a resume and was asked to fill out an application, I was interviewed once, we negotiated wages and I was hired all in the same interview.

The program director and the station manager were both present for the interview and both had interview questions prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a rate of pay that I refused, I told them what I expected my income to be and they met me in the middle assuring me that raises would be in the near future. I should have gotten that in writing as I produced the desired outcome but was never compensated for it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Met with market manager...1 interview, then hr. Easy interview with the market manager more of a conversation than interview . Must show personality and drive to be noticed.i also interviewed with a temp person. Company cant keep upper management to save its life. There is a whole new management staff there now. The interview process may be different now and more detailed. This will be a great addition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiotion went well. Expressed what i was looking for and they offered slightly below but still acceptable.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was very relaxed. Three people interviewed me in their large meeting room. They made it very relaxed and chill. They asked the typical questions—tell me about yourself, past work experience, why do you want to work with us.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in broadcast, Have you listened to our stations?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with about 3 or 4 people. Asked questions based on my resume, but it seemed a bit unorganized. It was such a long time ago I can not remember much more about the interview.

Promotions Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with an email confirming a phone interview time. The interviewer was very professional. She was quick to contact and respond, and prompt at calling. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, with around five to six questions asked. A pretty standard phone interview. Did not choose to go further with the job interview process.

Very low salary offer.

Promotions Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with program directors and director of programming together. Discussed my resume, discussed job responsibilities, description of challenges and necessary skills needed to succeed in this position. All persons involved with the interview asked questions based on their particular experiences and needs.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience with managing a staff who may not be necessarily motivated by their salary to do work to the best of their ability.   1 Answer

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cumulus Media (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Super positive. My boss was very kind and presented the questions in a clear and concise manner. I was actually really happy leaving the interview because the environment was friendly and they allowed me to take a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had to use your leadership skills to complete a task.   Answer Question