Cumulus Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cumulus Networks

2.5

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. All levels of management were very transparent and shared the great stories as well as challenges. I was impressed with the passion everyone had for the vision of Cumulus Networks.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Mountain View, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Formal / Relaxed. They had several rounds with various exec staff who came during different hours of the day. The process was relaxing and they were very flexible. The questions were indicative of a smart driven exec team. The process took about three days and a few hours each day.

Interview Questions

• Life / Work Goal oriented questions / Previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating was not out of the norm

Sales Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume directly to the hiring manager. They received it and called me. Did an over the phone interview, did a second over the phone interview to make sure I was bilingual, then I did an in person interview and got hired all within about 3 weeks of submitting my resume.

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Mountain View, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I understand that I'm the first person to review this company, and I hate to put a negative review, but I just had a terrible experience interviewing with the company. I went through the normal channels and applied on the website. The recruiter got back to me quickly and set up some time to talk with the hiring manager. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and got the sense that everything was going well. At the end of the call, she asked if I could come in to meet with a few folks in person and go forward with next steps.

I'm typing this review as I sit in the parking lot waiting for my 9:30am interview. I got a call at 9am from the recruiter telling me that the hiring manager just quit and she wasn't sure if the job was still open. Before even seeing if she could fix the situation, the recruiter called me frantically. I don't see how that's professional. On top of that, she called me a few minutes later and said that I could meet with a few other folks (none of which would be the hiring manager), and again stated that she wasn't sure if the position was still open.

All in all, the process went smoothly up until 30 minutes before the actual interview. I wouldn't recommend this company because it seems like they are going belly up, especially when someone quits suddenly.

I went through with the interview anyway, just because the recruiter said that the position would still be open. Met with two folks who had never seen my resume (granted, this was all last minute, so it's not terrible) and met with one of the original people I was going to interview with (not the hiring manager). Got an email a few days later saying that the new hiring manager was traveling and they wouldn't know if the job was actually still open until he got back. Again, doesn't seem like they have it together - not sure if it's just the marketing side of the org, or the entire org itself.

Interview Questions

Cumulus Networks Response

Jul 28, 2014 – VP Business

Hello and thank you for posting your feedback. We apologize for the snafu that happened. The timing was unfortunate and should have definitively handled communication back to you much better. Again... More

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Cary, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager and another engineer which lasted for about 30 minutes. They went pretty straight forward with all technical questions including network protocols between switches and servers, what happens with the communication packets between switches and servers when they are first connected and exchanging traffic, additional troubleshooting skills and steps between switches and servers, as well as some Linux command line questions etc.

Interview Questions

• What packets are exchanged between the switch and server when they are first connected?   Answer Question

Director of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled. She called 30 minutes late to say she needed to reschedule for the following day. The following day she canceled 1 minute before the call to tell me the position was filled. She said she "wanted to respect my time". If that were really true, she wouldn't have wasted it twice. Very unprofessional.

Cumulus Networks Response

Jan 10, 2018

Hi There -

I am so sorry. You are right. I should have completed the follow up interview or at least called directly to explain. I apologize.

Sandy

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview is an informal webcam interview. The interviewer was friendly, the feel was more relaxed than professional. He was located in Europe so we had to find a mutually agreeable time. They are very polite but they do want to make sure you know what you are talking about. They are not looking to train someone on the job, so they expect you to be knowledgable about specific libraries (Django).

Interview Questions

• The biggest thing that they want to see is a code sample. They will expect it to be well documented and follow industry best practices. You can't cut any corners here, you have got to do it right.   Answer Question

Sales Related Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was several interviews conducted and every interviewer was very considerate of my time and accommodating to my availability. We had phone interviews, face to face interviews afterwork and even a presentation interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you generate sales when there is limited marketing awareness of your brand and your solutions ?   Answer Question

No Idea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cumulus Networks (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2018.

Interview

They were afraid of telling me what was the role , I later realized that I was not supposed to tell them my aspiration but I told coz they only were saying that they are hiring from Amazon , google and walmart etc.. I thought they are looking good candidate with great aspiration and spirit.

They kept saying it's a tech lead kind of role , for a while felt like they themselves trying to push me not to come n join them :-)

Anyway decision is always at other side so you can't help it regardless you do excellent in interviews ... Organization and interviewers are always behave like a god .

Pathetic people , worst company , no process at all of hiring ... Go there for fun but don't accept offer .

Interview Questions

• all anagrams of given world   1 Answer